Hand in Hand Dance warms students hearts

In Colonia High School, the Interact Club works hard on coming up with fun and inspiring ways of helping the community. The “Hand and Hand Dances” are held frequently throughout the school year and are always highly recommended to attend.

The dances are arranged by the Interact Club and are held in the cafeterias in the evening on specific dates throughout the school year. The dances are held for adults and seniors with disabilities and special needs. Students of all grades in Colonia High School may attend the dances and volunteer their entertain the group of people with special needs. Students are encouraged to come and volunteer their time with friends to create a fun and positive environment for the ones with special needs.

Activities include board games, music and dancing. There’s always fun in meeting new people and especially to those who have disabilities. There are many benefits of attending these dances, such as the satisfaction of helping someone in need and  food and fun!

When attending the dances you are encouraged to dress casual and it would be much appreciated to bring food items such as drinks or chips. Most important of all you need to come with a smile and get ready to have a good time!