New Chick-Fil-A fits right into Colonia community

Photo Credit: Stephanie Kontra
Chick-fil-A happily serving people even on cloudy days

On Friday, September 18th, the newly opened Chick-Fil-A surprised the Colonia High teachers with a complimentary chicken sandwich for lunch and a coupon for their next visit.chick2

Mrs. Jennifer Murphy, the Vice Principal of Colonia, was one of the teachers to receive a lunch, “I was really surprised with their kindness and how much they were willing to help us out.” She went on to speak about how insistent they were on showing the teachers their appreciation. They also showed the school how invested in the community they want to become.

“I have never seen a company trying to maintain such a positive relationship with their community,” said Murphy.

“Chick-Fil-A has always been a business centered around family, community, and chicken. There is nothing more important than community,” Marlon Terrell, Chick-Fil-A Coordinator and former U.S. Navy member spoke for the free standing fast food restaurant. He loves his job and the values for which it stands.

Chick-Fil-A is looking for applicants for all positions. The application can be found on the Chick-Fil-A website for those who may be interestechick1d.

The new Chick-Fil-A however is located in the middle of two rival high schools, Colonia and Woodbridge High School.  “It’s definitely interesting and fun, but I don’t want to be put in the middle,” as Terrell chuckled about the hometown rivalry.

He expressed his gratification for how many people showed up and supported the grand opening. “I have never seen Chick-Fil-A so packed from open to close.”

Considering they are one of the few freestanding Chick-fil-A’s Terrell noted, “It’s great, and I hope everyone loves chicken.”

Mr. Terrell wants to reassure everyone that, “Chick-Fil-A will be getting involved with the schools, by helping out with fundraising, getting involved with charities and helping out with football games.”

The question is who’s football game will they be attending? Let’s hope CHS students can persuade them to visit Colonia games seeing as Terrell did comment, “It is easier to walk across the street down to Woodbridge.”

Mrs. Murphy is confident that she will be maintaining a strong relationship with them stating “Their awesome. I love them!”

We will definitely be seeing a lot more surprises from Chick-Fil-A, seeing as they are so willing to be apart of the community. Mrs. Murphy did hint perhaps sometime around the Academic Pep Rally the Chick-Fil-A cow may appear at Colonia.