The Sugar Factory delights customers with unique drinks

The Sugar Factorys sign inside of the restaurant.
Photo Credit: Julia Jagodka
The Sugar Factory’s sign inside of the restaurant.
The Sugar Factory's signature goblet "Ocean Blue", steaming with shark gummies around.
Photo Credit: Julia Jagodka
The Sugar Factory’s signature goblet “Ocean Blue”, steaming with shark gummies around.

The Sugar Factory in New York, NY, has been a huge hit amongst celebrities and people of all places. It is definitely a one-of-a-kind place and worth the visit, especially with unique desserts and delicious entrees.

The Sugar Factory American Brasserie, which has been opened since 2013, is located in the Meatpacking District of New York City. It has been visited by many celebrities including Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, The Kardashians, Katy Perry, Drake and more. From decorated desserts and signature goblets, to great burgers and crispy fries, this place is a must visit.The parking was an issue before 4:00pm, since we had to find a parking spot in a parking garage (which we had to pay for). After 4:00pm, regular drivers are allowed to park around the building, but you have to put coins in the parking meter.

I made a reservation for Tuesday afternoon, and once we arrived, our table was already prepared. Had there not been a reservation done before, the wait may have been a little longer, but you can make reservations online as well. As soon as I entered the restaurant, I was greeted by dispensers of various candies, giant sized gummy bears, and a waitress with a smile of her face. The decor of the restaurant was very fancy and definitely a style that would fit in New York. The waiters and waitresses were kind and caring. We were taken to our tables immediately upon arrival and given complimentary glasses of water.

Banana Split waffles drizzled with caramel and chocolate.
Photo Credit: Julia Jagodka

The menu was extremely diverse and long, and a little on the expensive side as well. But I guess that’s what you get in New York. We ordered a signature goblet, Ocean Blue, which was $30.00, Banana-Split waffles, which were $12.00 and the Signature Sugar Factory Burger with cheddar cheese and a side of fries, which was $16.00. The wait for the food was fairly short, maybe around ten minutes or so. The first thing to arrive was the goblet, the waiter carried the drink, and the “goblet” filled with ice separately. The waiter waited until we were ready to record the occurrence of the liquid reacting with the dry ice in the goblet, causing it to steam, which was extremely cool. Although it only lasted a few short minutes, and the goblet was mainly ice and less liquid to drink, it was still a fun experience. After the drinks, we received our meals. Firstly, the waffles I got looked amazing. Not only did they look beautiful, they brownies, milk chocolate, ice cream, strawberries, bananas, caramel and whipped cream just melted in my mouth. The fries were delicious and not oily at all, which was great. The burger was done well and fresh. Food portions were a good size, as we all left full. Overall, the food was great.

The Sugar Factory also has an upstairs, which is reserved for private parties, as well as corporate events. They offer gift baskets in store as well. Taking all the positives from my experience at The Sugar Factory, it definitely should be put on your must-visit list.