Five Guys has flavor

Five Guys is a fast food burger and french fries joint that has over 1000 locations ranging from Arlington, Virginia to Canada. Recently Five Guys have become a sensation in the United States due to its much loved burger the way in which the business is conducted.

“Don’t cut corners” has been Jerry Murrell’s moto from the opening of the chain restaurant Five Guys in 1986. Murrell opened the well-known burger joint in Arlington, Virginia with his sons as an alternative for them not going to college. Their tuition was used to open the restaurant and from then on they have been successful ever since. Opening about four stores a week, Five guys became a sensation even among its earliest years.

It seems as if Murrell has always taken an interest in the culinary arts and conducting a business because as a student at the University of Michigan. “I studied economics. I had no money and needed a place to stay, so I ran a fraternity house’s place to stay, so I ran a fraternity house’s kitchen.” This began making money soon after opening. Unfortunately during Murrell’s last year in college his parents passed away, with much grief he still managed to graduate from college and received his degree. After his college career he married had three of his sons, divorced, then remarried and had two more children.

Five Guys, which is a personal favorite of mines has always been known to serve their customers with not only freshly prepared food but quality ingredients which separates them from various fast food restaurants. Their beef which is “80 percent lean” according to INC magazine is only served well done with freshly made hamburger buns that “are shipped from one of the ten bakeries that collaborate with the chain every afternoon at 3 pm.” This is also another reason why many people such as myself prefer to wait for a quality burger.

What also attracts me to Five Guys is their simplified menu. Although there is not much variation in the menu the toppings and diverse sauces that one can put on their burger is infinite. This also provides the consumer with a simple but scrumptious meal. Personally I believe that Five Guys take much pride in how their food is prepared because something that a lot of restaurants lack is a burger with succulent flavors, which Five Guys provide. I have never received a burger from the chain that either lacked flavor or was under cooked and because of this I will remain a loyal customer.

I do believe that at some Five Guys locations can improve on the cleanliness of the environment such as cleaning the tables after someone have finished eating and sweeping the floor. One thing that I can say is that I have never seen a Five Guys employee sweeping while their customers were eating, which is something I have witnessed first-hand at various fast food restaurants. I also notice that the tables are rarely unkempt, this typically occurs when there is a high volume of business.

Over all if someone was to ask me what is a good burger joint to go to I would recommend Five Guys because although though some of their competitors also use fresh ingredients there is nothing like a well done burger and fries fried to perfection in peanut oil.