Michael Kors takes control of the handbag industry

Photo Credit: The Declaration Staff
It is hard to mistake that MK, especially when it dangles from most girl’s purses.

Michael Kors began his Women’s Collection in  May of 1981, and was sold in the high-end department stores Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City.

Ever since the age of 23 Kors has produced the most fashionable and in style handbags, watches, and clothing on the market.His popularity grew quickly in about 2014, and before you knew it everyone had a handbag by this simple fashion designer.

The bags range from big totes to small wallets and wristlets. Some of the trends for his style has changed throughout the years. In 2014-2015 the popular bag was called the “Jet Said Logo Tote” and was extremely popular to the public but mostly girls around the age of 14-20. As trends always change the new style from late 2015-2016 is the all colored bags with a simple gold logo as the main focus of the bag.The gold hardware also adds a touch by complementing the many colors that the bag offers.

The Michael Kors "Selma Large" in black.
Photo Credit: Sam Pucci
The Michael Kors “Selma Large” in black.

“Michael Kors is a very good, but expensive brand. It’s addicting because all of the bags are so pretty, and are such great quality.” says Michael Kors enthusiast Adriana Daniel.

Normally the bags run in the basic colors of a purse; black, white, tan and a deep blue. But, the designer also includes some fun colors like pink, gold, and red. A new style being offered called the “Hewitt Suede” features a similar print to a snake.

The designer doesn’t just offer handbags. Other accessories include watches, clothing, shoes, and sunglasses. The watches which also gained popularity in 2015 brought back the trend of watches. The simple yet elegant design comes in several different finishes with the most popular being rose gold.

Being a purchaser of Michael Kors for several years, I have found that the quality of the bag is amazing. I’ve never had a problem with it getting dirty and I haven’t been able to clean it, and the leather stays in its shape for quite a long time. I have 1 bag, 1 crossbody, and 1 wallet and all are still in great quality and are extremely useful for any event or school.

The most popular type of bag is the tote, and In my opinion that is the best bag for a student because of the amount of space it offers. My tote, the “Jet Set” is perfect for me because I am able to put my books, my lunch,

The spacious inside of the "Jet Set Tote" in black.
Photo Credit: Sam Pucci
The spacious inside of the “Jet Set Tote” in black.

and personal items in the space it provides. There is no separation pocket, it’s just one big open pocket but there is a small pocket in which personal items can fit perfectly.

I highly recommend the bags made by Michael Kors even with the price tag, they are extremely great quality and last a while.