Leave it in 2013: Trends that have no business being seen in 2014

The fashion that has left in 2014.
Photo Credit: Melanie August
The fashion that has left in 2014.

New Year, New trends…PLEASE! The goal in the fashion world is to leave certain items behind and go into 2014 in a new and improved fashion. Every week a new article of clothing or accessory is introduced to people around the world. It’s debatable on which ones should die off soon, and which ones should continue to thrive. But the question arises: how long does a trend exist?

E! Fashion Police has a segment of their show dedicated to “Next, Now, Never!” in which certain fashion do’s and don’ts make it on the part of the show. Fashion Police does a fabulous job of getting the in’s and outs of fashion day to day. The show’s cast members: Joan Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, and George Kotsiopoulos’s job is to show people who enjoy fashion what is in and what isn’t.

As the New Year is now in full swing, people tend to bring into the New Year their fashion choices too, but it’s been said maybe their New Year’s resolution should be to explore different trends of clothing. For example, many celebrities have been the butt of Joan River’s jokes, being critiqued on what style options they’ve chosen to wear out in public. Usually, it is “out with the old and in with the new.” But fashion has shown to recycle itself as time goes on. The generations repeating previous fashion trends, and mothers and fathers are watching their kids wear clothes that they were once into.

Before 2013 came to a close, people took to Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and every social network out there to give their opinion and declare what fashion trends should stay and what should go. Here are some results: Jeffrey Campbell’s “Litas” shoes which are multicolored pleather, made it top of the list of “Has to go”. Second up on the list was ‘pun tee shirts’ with funny puns and logos, which were simply overplayed for the New Year. Studs on everything and anything should be left in the clothes of 2013 as well… PLEASE!