Losing weight the healthy way

Photo Credit: created by Miss Simkovich
Eating healthing, drinking water, and excercising are helpful ways to lose weight.

Have you ever tried to lose weight, either for prom or that swimsuit body?  Now with just a few easy steps you can! Follow this guide and you will have that dream body in no time.

You need to eat lots of protein! Eating lots of protein will keep you from snacking in between meals because your stomach is satisfied. You should eat seven grams of protein for each pound of body weight. Some foods high in protein include: lean beef, chicken breast, fish, beans, and Greek yogurt.

Don’t drink your calories. Many people almost never drink water. Sugary drinks can sabotage your diet. Most sugary drinks have over 120 calories in every bottle. Drink plenty of water and your diet will stay on track without all the sugary drinks that could be ruining the diet you have worked long and hard for.

Writing down your intake of foods can really help your diet to get that body you really want.  You can download a free app on your smart phone that can document what you eat everyday. You should always take a look at what you have eaten that day to calculate whether or not you need to less or more if you are not eating enough. Also most of these apps can calculate the calorie intake too.

Are you a snacker after dinner? Late night snacking is a problem for many people. Being in front of the TV or computer you can be mesmerized by what you’re doing and not realize how much food you really are eating. Instead of burning off the food you ate that day when you go to sleep your body is instead trying to digest the food you just ate. That is also a big way you can sabotage your diet.

If you belong to a gym and do the same thing every time you go, you need to switch it up a little. Try high intensifying workout training. This can burn up to nine times the fat that you would usefully burn doing the same thing every other time you go to the gym. Getting your heart rate above 75 percent has been shown to increase your metabolism which will also help you burn more calories.

People are so focused on cardio exercise that they forget to also do weight training. This is not just for males, females also need to weight lift too. This helps to mold your muscles to your body so that it is no longer fat.  This will also boost your metabolism.

Key elements for working out

After every workout you should change your clothes, even of you don’t sweat. You should also drink lots of water before and after a workout. Drinking lots of water is one of the key elements in losing weight without hydration, your body will exhausted and not want to work out resulting in gaining the weight that you want to lose. Also, if you are going to run in cold weather you need to wear layers, even you think you are going to be hot you can not lose your body heat. This can result in severe sickness. Good Luck!