Remembering the heartbreaking celebrity deaths of 2016

In Classic Princess Leia costume, Carrie Fisher Poses for a photo.

In the year of 2016 our hearts have been filled with grief of loved and lost celebrity role models. These influential people have surrounded us and their have deaths affected us deeply. We must thank them and remember them, so their memory will live on in our hearts forever.

Who impacted people the most 

Two of the most influential deaths of 2016 were David Bowie ( Jan. 10) at the age of 69, and Prince (April 21) at the age of 57. David Bowie was a British rock musician. Regarded by critics and musicians as an innovator, particularly for his work in the 1970s. He was a figure in popular music for over five decades. Prince, an amazingly talented musician, showed people it was OK to be different. He was an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and a musical innovator. Prince was especially known for his eclectic work, flamboyant stage presence, extravagant dress and makeup, and wide vocal range.

Entertainers

In addition, three entertainers George Michael (Dec. 25), Alan Rickman (Jan. 14), and Florence Henderson (Nov. 24) passed away last year as well. George Michael the 53 year old Grammy winning musician was known for he rise to fame as part of the music duo Wham!. Alan Rickman (Age 69) was an English actor and director. Known for playing a variety of roles on stage and on screen. Though, most people recognize him as the late professor Snape in the Harry Potter series. Florence Henderson the actress best known as the mother in “The Brady Bunch” was 82 when she passed.

Athletes

Especially relevant are the record setting athletes who are no longer with us. Muhammad Ali died on June 3, 2016 at the age of  74. Ali was the he youngest ever heavyweight champion boxer. Widely regarded as one of the most significant and celebrated sports figures of the 20th century. Arnold Palmer, one of the greatest golfers in history was 87 when he died on September Sep. 25 2016.

Important deaths most people didn’t know about

Also, Eli Wiesel  The Holocaust survivor, and Nobel Laureate was 87 when he passed on July 2, 2016. John Glenn, the first American astronaut to circle Earth, and former United States Senator from Ohio left us on Dec. 8, 2016. Another celebrity, Sir George Martin, the producer, known as “The Fifth Beatle” departed on March 8, 2016.  Furthermore, Harper Lee the author of To Kill a Mockingbird was 89 when she died on Feb. 19, 2016. 

Most Touching

Most noteworthy are  touching and  heartbreaking deaths of 2016 were Carrie Fisher and her mother Debbie  Reynolds. Carrie Fisher the actress and author best know as Princess Leia passed on Dec. 27, 2016. Debbie Reynolds the actress and humanitarian died of a broken heart the day after her daughter.

In conclusion, all of these late celebrities will be missed by their loved ones and by the world.