How to improve your mental health in 2017

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser; life is a journey, a dance, a game, unexpected.
Feeling sluggish or stressed? There are things you can to improve your mental health and wellness.
Photo Credit: photo via Pixabay under creative commons lincense

As humans being we are not allowed to take a moment to look back and release our emotions. Long term depression is a mental disorder that affects millions of adolescents across the country. Approximately 20 percent of teens experience depression before they reach adulthood, and between 10 to 15 percent suffer from symptoms at any one time. 2016 has come to an end and 2017 is a brand new slate, why not start with a new healthy you! By recharging your mental health, the physical and emotional sides will follow suit. There are millions of way to release any negative energy from your life and here a few to start you off.

Go and Workout-

The idea of working out usually only comes around the spring in hopes of looking good for the summer. However, working out is not only great for your physical health. It’s Amazing for your mental health as well. Working out has been proven to help with depression, ADHD and anxiety. So take a break and swim away your troubles or just go for a walk and look at the beauty of nature around you. In an article written by the Mayo Clinic, claims that when excising the feel good neurotransmitters endorphins release. With that release the endorphins not only help you forget about your stress, but indeed improve your  overall mood. 

Give Time to Yourself-

Going out and giving yourself a treat once a month or  even once a week is better than never taking care of yourself. Getting your nails done or binge watching Netflix will help you and relax for awhile. Maybe even going to get a new blowout on your hair, the most smallest of things can aid in giving yourself some “me” time. 

Accept what you can’t change-

Not everything  in this world can’t be manipulated or changed. That shouldn’t stop you, learning how to move around the hurdle is an option. For example, if you were to lose your job. Instead of sitting around and sulking around, re-brand yourself make a new resume and hit the streets and find yourself a new job!

Stop caring what other people say-

News flash, not everyone is going to like you. That is not a bad thing. There will always be that mean girl or boy down the hall talkin’ smack. The key is to learn and ignore them, don’t believe what they say and believe in yourself.

Visit therapy dogs-  

Since the 1980’s therapy dogs have slowly been added in as a way to release stress. It’s become so popular that even colleges have adopted this concept. At this point it’s rare to see a college not have therapy puppies at least during finals week. The American Kennel Club website has links to different therapy groups in different locations. So why don’t you go knock off some stress with your favorite pup at the therapy dog center. 

Make 2017 the start of a new you and better you! When you take a step back from your busy life you can relax, breath, and improve your state of mind!