Promposals, Book the Perfect One

Someone asking another person to prom
Photo Credit: Photo Via : https://www.flickr.com/photos/pdv_photography/12275252735
Someone asking another person to prom

Prom is in just a few months and it’s time for students of Colonia high school to start their Promposals. Get ready for the big dance.

Promposals have a lot of thought put into it, and the class of 2017’s Promposals are getting on their way. A Promposal is where a student asks another student to prom. This can vary from a poster, to lights spelling out ‘Prom?’ on the football field. During interviews. Many of the students did not want to say how they were going to ask someone to prom, because it would give away the big surprise when asking there date.

Prom can be very stressful, to shopping for dresses, or how to arrive in style to the big dance. An average Promposal can cost around $325. Not only are students paying for a prom bid, there dresses, suits, makeup, and sometimes a ride to get there; but also have to pay additional money for just asking out the date.

Prom is the second most significant event in a teenagers life, next to getting their driver’s license.Prom being one of the most memorable time for a teenagers life can make Promposals have a lot of weight on the asker shoulders. “It can be stressful planning the Promposal, but the very moment when asking can be even worse,” said Nicholas Caso. When asked a follow up question on how he was planning on asking his date he responded with  “I personally don’t want to say because it will ruin the surprise for my date if she ever reads your article,” explained Caso.

Photo Credit: Photo by Lors Studios used with permission.
Smiling proudly, senior, Eric Reyes, asks his girlfriend, senior, Bridget Netta, to prom.

On average, parents pay $1,078 on Prom. Prom is not only time for memories but a time to start saving too. A Lot of factors go into what make prom so much. A dress can be $300 all the way up to $1,000. Another factor that can add to prom spending is the prom bid itself, right now it cost $125 per couple. With all that so far, many girls still will have to get there hair done, makeup, and nails. That can add up. Several other students do plan on being a party bus or limo as a way to arrive in style on there way to Prom.

It is only March, and where are the Promposals? “Well March is the perfect time to ask your date to prom, not too early, and not too late,” said Melanie Albanese. From a girl’s perspective or the person receiving  the Promposal can have stress on them in whole entire different way. “ I think that the pressure of almost having to say yes. Trying not to embarrass the asker is the most pressure especially if you don’t want to go with them,”  Albanese said.

Share your promposal stories and pictures with us via twitter @Coloniahigh.