Eat Authentic Tex-Mex Meals Close to Home

Photo Credit: Photo Via Flickr under creative commons license
The big neon sign placed in front of the restaurant to help attract customers.

Located in Iselin, Jose Tejas is the place to go to get authentic Tex-Mex meals. Open seven days a week, this restaurant is a cheap, tasty way to satisfy anyone’s hunger.

The chain restaurant, Jose Tejas, located in Iselin opened up in 1992 and has won the hearts of millions since. Unfortunately, this restaurant does not take reservations ahead of time. In order to be given a seat, make sure to have your entire party with you or else they won’t mark you down as waiting. It is open seven days a week from 11 AM to 11:30 PM and 11 AM to 12:30 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. According to Yelp, Jose Tejas is rated four out of five stars and has a price range that could vary from $11 to $30.

The atmosphere of Jose Tejas just may be one of the best aspects of the restaurant – not to mention its food. The environment is incredibly family friendly, yet at the same time is also a great place for groups of people too. Upon entering the restaurant, you are immediately welcomed by an intense aroma of food, loud music, and the restaurant’s decor. Following that, for the most part, Jose Tejas usually has a quick staff when it comes to taking care of customers.

The wait time depends on what time of the day a customer arrives. You could also decide whether to sit indoors or outdoors. From my experiences, the earlier you get there, the less of a wait. Waits can often range from less than 10 minutes to over and hour. By far, that may be the worst aspect of the restaurant, sometimes the waits could be incredibly long. However, I assure you, it’s worth the wait.

As you are waiting, you receive a basket of freshly made chips and salsa that are absolutely delicious. Customers can choose from a wide selection of beverages from a full alcohol bar to sodas. While ordering food, there’s no wrong way to go. The food varies from burgers to fajitas, all in which are super good. Unlike other restaurants who may give small portions, Jose Tejas is quite the opposite. From the drinks to the meals, everything this restaurant serves you is of a larger portion than most.

A downfall of  Jose Tejas is probably its location. It is often difficult to find the parking lot entrance of this restaurant. Another bad thing about Jose Tejas is their lack of parking spaces. The restaurant itself has very little parking spots that are almost always full, which results in people overflowing into the parking spaces of other businesses near by. Being a repeating customer of the place, I recommend going when the restaurant first opens at 11 AM. Even then, parking is not a guarantee.