The Alchemist encourages chasing a dream

A story of risking it all for a dream no one can see but you.
Photo Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/coolinsights/8668642486

The Alchemist is a book written by Paulo Coelho a brazilian lyricist and novelist. Some of his works are warrior of the light, eleven minutes, Veronika decides to die, by the river I sat and wept, brida and many more. His books have meaning to them. Some are about love, forgiveness, hope, and faith.

The alchemist is about a shepherd boy named Santiago from Andalusia. Santiago has a dream that keeps recurring and he believes that there is a meaning behind this dream. He goes to a Romani fortune teller to see the meaning behind this dream. She says the dream is a prophecy telling him that there is hidden treasure in the pyramids in Egypt. On his journey Santiago meets some people. He meets a beautiful Arabian girl named Fatima. She says she will marry him but he must first complete his journey. He also meets a wise alchemist who teaches him about personal legends.

Also, the book plays on the theme of “When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person achieve their dream.” It’s about finding one’s destiny and overcoming the fear and going all out to achieve your dream and your destiny. There are a lot of life lessons that you will find in this book. Some lessons that you will learn from reading this book are to decide of what you really want and be unrealistic about your desires also to focus on your journey and keep getting back up no matter how many times you fall down keep getting up and going forward.

The Alchemist is a great book for anyone that has a goal or dream. It shows you that if you really want something you have to risk everything for that dream and the journey will be hard but you must never give up.