Patriots and Mustangs face off in two day baseball double header

The Patriots soar above cross town rivals the Mustangs with a score of 5-0.

Jason Hilenski, Anthony Palmisano and Chris Michael all had an RBI for a combined 3 RBIS. Jason also went .500 for the day going 2 for 4.  Chris Michael had a great game on the mound as well, pitching a shutout with seven strikeouts and only letting up two hits.

As for the Mustangs, Matthew Godlewski started pitching, the 6 foot junior has a .520 batting average with 13 hits.He’s currently leading the team in both hits and batting average. Jordy Mora, the Felician commit, came into relief and finished the game, Mora is a 4-year player batting a career average of .341.

The second time the rivals met, there was a much different outcome. The mustangs came back and beat the patriots 7-5. Hakim Hamer hit a two run home run as well as his teammate Michael Matusz with a solo home run. JFK tacked on five runs in the third inning and added two more in the fourth. Tyler Sharfetz went 3-3 with an RBI and Godlewski had a double with two RBI’s. Hilenski, Tyler Layton and Frank Lehmann pitched 3 innings, 2 innings and 1 inning respectively. Freshman Nick Nielson batted .750 going 3-4 that game. Brothers Nick and Chris Michael both went 2-3 with one walk each.

Despite losing to Kennedy the second time around, Colonia has been doing well. Winning the last five of their six games. With GMC’s and states coming up soon, Good Luck to Patriots Baseball.