The most festive places to visit for this Holiday Season

Just+a+classic+Christmas+day+in+Old+City+Quebec...+
Photo Credit: Photo via Quebecregion under Creative Commons License
Just a classic Christmas day in Old City Quebec…

Here is a list of places that would get you in the spirit of the Holiday season!

So, cozy up in that warm sweater, grab that cup of warm cocoa and let us begin.

New York City

The biggest city in the world happens to get quite festive around the Holidays as well.

The Big Apple puts up and lights its biggest decoration: The Rockefeller Christmas Tree- sparkling and towering over the many ice skaters below.  The windows of the Macy’s stores are decorated with lights and ornaments for all to immerse themselves in the holiday spirit.  Furthermore, there are countless of performances for visitors to see, such as the Nutcracker and New York’s exclusive Radio City Spectacular. 

Quebec- Old City, Canada

During the Holidays, Quebec turns into a magical place!  The streets of the city are decorated with lights, mistletoe and bells- just like a classic old-fashioned Christmas town.  This place is a must-see for vloggers and photo-takers. One can also visit the beautifully decorated landmarks such as the Petite Champlain District or Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.  To further delve into the historical holiday spirit, you can discover the old Christmas traditions and superstitions of “New France” with a tour guide reenacting a colonial of the new French Colony.

Photo Credit: Photo via Palmostravel.gr under the Creative Commons License
The annual Christmas Markets of Nuremberg, awaiting for the many shoppers that will visit

Nuremberg, Germany

For the ones travelling to Europe: Nuremberg, Germany should be on your Christmas Bucket List.  Nuremberg is known for its grand Christmas Market, “Christkindlesmarkt”. Known as Santa’s shopping center, one can find many handmade items and delicacies, from homemade gingerbread to traditional German sausage!  Moreover, one can also sight-see the old town, visiting the many cathedrals and monuments all around. If you want to step your experience up a notch, you can take a mail coach trip like in the old days.  

Santa Claus, Indiana

It turns out that St. Nicholas has more outposts than just the North Pole!

Known as “America’s Christmas Hometown”- Santa Claus, Indiana is a small town decorated in the Christmas theme all year round.  The town holds many Christmas-themed attractions such as the Santa Claus Museum & Village, as well as Holiday World- an amusement park for the whole family and for every season.  Santa Claus also holds exclusive landmarks and events, such as Santa Claus Church built in 1880 and The Land of Lights- a display measuring more than a mile’s- worth of lights and holiday decor around Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.

Photo Credit: Photo via Kid101.com under the Creative Commons License
Cape May shining bright on a classic December night…

Cape May

A perfect way to celebrate Christmas the Victorian Way: Visiting the festive Cape May!  

This destination is a must for history fans.  The humble town is transformed into the Dickens Village, hosting many Christmas Exhibits for the public. Just like in the Christmas Story, one can experience the Christmas Past by taking a Ghost Trolley Tour.  If you aren’t in it for the spooks, you can also take a festive Holiday-themed tour as well.  Aside from that, there are many attractions for the family- such as having Breakfast with Santa.