Celebrities who heard the wedding bells in 2019

Hearing the wedding bells, many famous couples walked down the aisle in 2019.
Photo Credit: Photo via PxHere under creative common license

Since 2020 has arrived it is fun to take a look back at 2019 and see all the changes that has happened in the media. During 2019 many couples got married leaving their fans shocked with excitement.

Joe Jonas and Sophia Turner

American singer and songwriter who rose to fame as a member of the pop band the Jonas Brothers married Game of Thrones actress Sophia Turner. They originally headed down the aisle in May having a surprise wedding bash but fans were quick to notice. There next more extravagant wedding took place in France on June 29. In attendance included supermodel Ashley Graham and Turner’s best friend and Game of Thrones costar Maisie Williams. Jonas’ brothers Nick and Kevin were also in attendance with their wives.

Actor Chris Pratt married model Katherine Schwarzenegger on June 8. The wedding took place in San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California in front of God, family and the ones they love. They started dating back in June after Schwarzenegger mother introduced the two. They dated privately for a few months then announced their engagement in January.

Marc Jacobs and Charly Defrancesco

Fashion designer Marc Jacobs married his longtime boyfriend, Charly Defrancesco. The two got engaged back in 2018 at a Chipotle restaurant. A dozen Flash Mob dancers perfomed a dance to the song Kiss by Prince before Jacobs got down on. The two later tied the knot in New York on April 6. Gigi and Bella Hadid, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Bette Midler,  Lil’ Kim were in attendance along with 700 other guests to see the couple get married.

Idris Elba and Sabrina Dhowre

Actor Idris Elba met his future wife at a jazz bar back in 2017 and it was love at first sight. Sabrina Dhowre was crowned Miss Vancover back in 2014 and since then has walked many runways. The two got engaged in a Canadian movie theater and was said to be a teary proposal. After over a year of being engaged the couple got married in Morocco back in April.  Dhowre wore two different custom Vera Wang dresses during the celebration while Elba wore bespoke suit by Ozwald Boateng.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Lauren Hashian

Actor and professional wrestler Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson married longtime girlfriend Lauren Hashian. The two reportly met back in 2006 while Johnson was filming the movie The Game Plan. Since then the two have become inseparable having two children of their own, Jasmine Johnson and Tiana Gia Johnson. The couple tied the knot on August 18 in a beautiful ceremony in Hawaii. Johnson took to Instagram to share the exciting news stated “We do August 18, 2019.”