Ready or not here comes IOS 8

https://www.google.com/search?q=ios+8
Photo Credit: Wikipedia
“Photo by Apple from Wikipedia used with permission”
Photo By Apple from Wikipedia used with Permission.
Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_8

Most of you have already been tempted to download the new Apple update, IOS 8. Many welcome the new changes but some still wonder if they should update now or wait for Apple to work out all the bugs.

IOS 8 officially released September 17th, which was two days before apple released their new phones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus. It gave Apple fans a good chance to try some of the features that would be utilized in Apple’s new phones. However, a tech release this big isn’t complete without it’s fair share of bugs.

Apple Users with older devices have complained about a few major problems. Mostly owners of  the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 complained about glitches on their devices. Apparently the older phones and tablets don’t have the capacity to run the new operating system. This comes as a huge surprise since the iPhone 4S still keeps up with the iPhone 5 in terms of processing speed. Another common problem among older devices is apps like Mail and Dropbox have problems opening and closing. The only solution to these problems is to delete several apps to free up space in order to meet free-space requirements. However all problems so far have only been found in old devices.

Apple CEO Tim Cook stated, “We are also preparing iOS 8.0.2 with a fix for the issue, and will release it as soon as it’s ready in the next few days.” Tim Cook and Apple also apologized “for the great inconvenience experienced by users” and was working “around the clock” to fix the flaw.

Despite these early issues, iOS 8 might become one of the best Apple operating systems yet. IOS 8 offers so many features to customize your iPhone to look as unique as you want it to be. One of these features involves messaging and keyboards. Prior to iOS 8 users would download third party apps like “Kik” to customize their messaging experience. Now to compete with these third party apps, Apple has added new features to their messaging app to make it better than ever. Some features include the ability to record your voice in Messaging and the ability to send it immediately. One of the main features is the Details section. Instead of scrolling 5 pages back to find one photo, you can now go to the Details section to find all locations, photos and videos that were used in previous messages.

Another big addition is the support of third party keyboards. This is very exciting since iOS users were always limited to the generic keyboard and now they will get options to use popular keyboards like Swiftkey. Quicktype is another additional feature for the keyboard that Apple developed; Quicktype gives you word suggestions in panels at the top of the keyboard to help you finish typing words.

Apple especially wanted to make photos better for iOS 8 users so the camera app also received it’s fair share of feature updates. Auto-straightening and cropping are the featured tools in the new Photos app. Also Apple added some automatic color-correction tools to make your photos look better. Third party gets more love since now outside developers can make tools available within the camera app.

The big question is should you update now or wait for the kinks to be worked out. In my opinion, if you have a new device such as an iPhone 5 or iPad Air, then yes, you should update. iOS 8 is only going to get better and Apple has shown that they will support third party companies so there will be many customization options never offered on any other update. If you have an old device such as an iPhone 4S or iPad 2 then you should wait until Apple makes iOS 8 better for older devices. If you want iOS 8 used at it’s max potential then look to be dishing out $200 for an iPhone 6.