Buffalo Wild Wings opens with free wings

Buffalo Wild Wings Menu
Photo Credit: Declaration Staff
Buffalo Wild Wings Menu

On September 7th Buffalo Wild Wings opened in Woodbridge on Route 1. A year’s supply of free wings was given to the first 100 people standing in line outside the door before it opened; two Colonia students received free wings.

There was a contest for a year’s supply of free wings. In order to win the voucher for free wings, one had to be the first 100 people waiting outside the door before the grand opening. Although one would think that would mean unlimited wings for a whole year, the voucher was limited to six free wings per week for year.

Jason Duczeminskyj, a junior at Colonia High School, was one of the first 100 people to camp outside of Buffalo Wild Wings. He arrived there 19 and a half hours before the grand opening with his friends. The wait was definitely worth it for Duczeminskyj because he received the year’s supply of free wings. Standing there for hours was definitely exhausting but they played games throughout the night to keep their sanity and pass time. When asked if waiting for hours was worth it Duczeminskyj exclaimed, “The wait was not so much for the free wings but for the experience. It was such a good time.”

Duzceminskyj first visited Buffalo Wild Wings in 2012 and has been a passionate wing lover ever since. He has been to Buffalo Wild Wings five times since the opening and commented, “Getting the best wings for free is just priceless.”

Brittany Lumpkin, a senior at Colonia High School, also received the voucher for free wings. She waited for over eight hours and also played games with her friends while waiting in line to pass the time. Lumpkin said waiting was worth it because, “it was a lot of fun and they had free breakfast in the morning.” The first time Lumpkin visited Buffalo Wild Wings was earlier this year and she plans on going this week to make use of her free wings voucher.

If you weren’t one of the first one hundred people on line, there was another way to win free wings for a year. Lumpkin wasn’t one of the first 100 people to be on line for the grand opening of Buffalo Wild Wings but she still waited outside for eight hours. Because people did not want to stay the whole time outside, some people left so the people that weren’t in the top one hundred were given stickers periodically throughout the night. The people who had the most stickers by the time of the opening

also receive the voucher for free wings for a year. Lumpkin and her friend wouldn’t have gotten the free wings until they hit a stroke of good luck. During the night someone decided not to stay and left their stickers on the ground for Lumpkin to find.