All You Need to Know for Saturday’s State Finals Game

Colonia+will+verse+Phillipsburg+at+Rutgers+Highpoint+Solutions+Stadium+this+Saturday+Dec.+6th.+
Photo Credit: Michael Albanese
Colonia will verse Phillipsburg at Rutgers’ Highpoint Solutions Stadium this Saturday Dec. 6th.

History has been made! Colonia High School’s football team has gone undefeated and secured a spot in the state finals against Philipsburg. But how and when is this all going down? Details to follow:

The state finals game is THIS SATURDAY DECEMBER 6th, at Rutgers University’s Highpoint Solutions Stadium in Piscataway, NJ. This is anticipated to be a  massive event for Colonia, and by extension, for Woodbridge Township. It marks the first time Colonia has advanced to State Finals since 1985, as well as the first time Colonia has gone undefeated since 1976. The long wait for success is finally over.

Given the importance of this game, a high turnout of members of the community attending is expected. The stadium, Rutgers University’s Highpoint Solutions Stadium, is located at 1 Scarlet Knight Way, Piscataway Township, NJ. Plenty of parking is available around the stadium, ideal for tailgating. However, the stadium lots cost $10 per car, so carpooling is advised. Though other lots further away should be free.

The game is scheduled for 1:00 pm, though it will occur in between two other scheduled games; consequently, the area surrounding the stadium will likely be very crowded throughout the afternoon. However, high school games typically draw smaller crowds than a typical Rutgers game, so the lots and facilities have the capacity to handle the volume of onlookers.

Ultimately, members of the high school community are encouraged to attend Saturday’s game in order to show support. Our challenger Phillipsburg is known for having a huge fan base, so Colonia should make their best effort to have as many people as possible attend the game. Go Patriots!