Who wore it best at the MTV Movie Awards?

On April 12, 2015, The 24th installment of the MTV movie awards took place at the Nokia theater in Los Angeles. Along with celebrating the wonderful performances of this country’s best actors and actresses, fashion was a huge focal point of the program.

Many major stars came out to see the show, some dressed better than others. Amy Schumer was the host, wearing black and white striped dress and black stilettos. Her new movie Trainwreck is to be released in July of this year.

A few stars who really stood out on the red carpet were Charli XCX, a British singer-songwriter who wore an eye-catching multi-colored and trendy trench-coat. Cara Delevingne, star of the upcoming movie Paper Towns based off of the book by John Green, wore a purple-laced dress with long and baggy sleeves. And who could forget Bai Ling, a Chinese-American actress who wore a dragon, yes, a dragon. The actress wore a shiny gold dress and a skimpy black skirt with a dragon head on her shoulder and it’s tail running down her back. Definately the most unforgettable moments of the night, when it came to the red carpet.

While most stars came to the show dressed to impress, many stars decided on a more casual look. But did it work? Shailene Woodley, star of The Divergent Series, hit it out of the ballpark. She wore a simple black and white striped shirt and high-waist printed pants with black leather boots. However, Scarlett Johansson, star of Luc Besson’s new film Lucy, was seen wearing a pink onesie, yes a pink onesie. It was very monotonic and not red-carpet worthy, this pepto-bismol-colored piece should have been left in the closet.

A large sum of stars were seen wearing more casual items. Ditching their dresses and open toed shoes for something a little less extravagant. In the future will we see more stars going for a more everyday look? We’ll have to wait to find out.

So who was the best dressed celebrity of the night? An honorable mention is Arden Cho, an actress who is best known for her role in Teen Wolf, wore an impressive reddish-orange two piece dress and beige-strapped high heels. But, the clear winner of  the best dressed award goes out to none other than Jennifer Lopez. Everyone’s favorite Latin-pop singer showed up in a stunning dark blue dress, with a leather belt. One thing that stood out tremendously was her jewelry, her golden hoop-earrings, bracelets and rings made her outfit look even more beautiful.