2015 Highschool Prom Trends

2015 Highschool Prom Trends

This year was and still is all about the glam and high-life. Ladies arrive to prom in a glitzed out, form fitting, long dress and lads come dressed spiffy usually complimenting her.

All across the nation guys and gals are rocking classy looks. Ladies tend to sway towards one specific type of dress, long, fitted, open-back, usually with heavy detailing such as rhinestones and lace. Going along with the dress is usually a head of loose curls and a full face of makeup, depending on the girl of course. Guys usually compliment her with a standard black tux, or if the girl is killin’ it with a different colored dress such as red, bright blue, or yellow he would match his little handkerchief, rose, or shoes to it.

Some really popular colors that can be seen below are a deep blue, red, and a burgundy for both men and women. As for your standard black, white, and anything around those two, they fall under your classic never-going-out-of-style colors.

Some tips for the perfect prom look:

tumblr_n0t8uzD2Wa1syrcbio1_1280

1. Choose your prom dress before you choose your makeup look and/or hairstyle. Hair and makeup is supposed to accent your dress whether it be by the color or the design! Wearing a bright blue dress with bright blue eye-shadow never gave anyone the prom queen title, stick with neutrals if you’re going for a professionally done look. For the design of the dress, if you have an open-back dress like the one below try to keep your hair away from the back and styled to the side or up in a do.

2. Consider your personality when choosing a dress, if you’re more of a casual dresser then stick in your comfort zone and go with something that appeals to your style but is still fancy enough for a night at prom. There’s no need to unlock your inner Kardashian if you don’t want to, expressing your true self is what really serves a look.

CC_sIitVAAILbYvPhoto Credit: photo via: twitter under creative commons license

3. Lastly, work around your hair texture. For those with fine hair you may be able to experiment more than someone with textured hair,but consider changing it up to surprise everyone. Curly hair looks amazing either down or up, left curly or blown-dried super-straight (that will surprise everyone!). Straight hair can be curled into waves and wound into ornate updos (with the help of pins and hairspray). Wavy hair can be either straightened or curled and is the perfect texture for half-up/half-down styles as well as updos. For anybody rocking a ‘fro you can either go natural, get braids, anything that you think you look good in. Straight hair can be curled into waves and wound into ornate updos (with the help of pins and hairspray). Wavy hair can be either straightened or curled and is the perfect texture for half-up/half-down styles as well as updos.

The list of sites below have all been verified as selling new, authentic prom dresses with all the labels and tags attached. Don’t take a chance and get tricked into buying a counterfeit dress online! These stores have been manually verified to help protect YOU from getting ripped off. www.dresstherapy.comgenealogydresses.com, thecastlepromandbridal.comsosweetboutique.com,
Top watches for men:  

1.  Breda

Dallas-based Breda watches first debuted in 2008. Since then they’ve managed to appeal to many styles and tastes. The watches are a steal, typically priced between $49 and $69.

-

2.  Larsson & Jennings

The brand is inspired equally by London and Stockholm, citing both cities’ fashion sense and sub-culture. -

3.  Komono

-

Komono Watches are “rooted in the Belgian tradition of fierce dedication to quality and craft.”