This Year’s Popular Halloween Costumes

This Years Popular Halloween Costumes
Photo Credit: Photo via https://pixabay.com/en/halloween-costume-purple-witch-307759/ under the Creative Commons License
Reddit user camping is intense dressed up in her DIY Audrey Hepburn costume. Photo via popsugar.com under creative Commons license.

It’s October and autumn is in full swing, and that can only mean one thing for sure . . . Halloween is right around the corner. Every year millions of people line up at costume stores to get the best Halloween costume. Each year the most popular costumes change to follow current trends like movies, television shows, and pop culture figures.

This year there are most certainly going to be many superheroes of all shapes and sizes, both young and old. Batman, Spider-Man, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, the Hulk, and Thor are just a select few of the dozens of superheroes that are popular this year.

According to a Today Money article, the best-selling adult male costume during the month of September is the Dark Knight himself. Cat woman, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy are a few of the most popular adult women superhero costumes.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is an upcoming film so don’t be surprised if you catch a lot of people are going to go out dressed as their favorite characters from the franchise. Hans Solo is a favorite for both kids and adults who share love for this iconic bounty hunter. A resurgence of Princess Leia’s are sure to be seen along with the infamous hair buns that are associated with the character.

Last year female Disney characters were huge, especially Elsa from the instant classic Frozen. Other trendy characters last year were Tinker Bell, Pocahontas, Minnie Mouse, and Alice among many others.

If people shy away from fiction back into reality, politics are currently popular due to all of the GOP and Democratic debates going on.

“I think Donald Trump is going to be really popular this year,” CHS senior Brandon Benedicks predicted. So be prepared to see a ton of people walking around in toupees and dressing up in suits pretending to be Celebrity Apprentice star.

CHS Senior Joe Stoneback thinks female cop uniforms will be big this year. “Last year a lot of girls were cops so you’ll probably see them again this year.”

Not everyone is a fan of buying a costume so they get inventive and do it themselves. Some trending do it yourself (DIY) costumes according to a popsugar.com article range from ghosts, fortune tellers, mummies, mimes, and vampires all the way to Audrey Hepburn’s classic character from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The article features 101 DIY costumes so be sure to check it out for some inspiration.

DIY costumes are not only affordable but offer a new take on the way people celebrate Halloween. Some DIY costumes are easy enough to make in minutes or can become time consuming projects for people who are advanced enough to create thorough and intricate costumes.

So get your costumes ready because Halloween is coming right around the corner! Have a fun and safe Halloween!