Colonia’s girls win cross-town rivalry tri match

Colonias Girls Varsity volleyball team exstatic over 2 wins against Woodbridge and JFK
Photo Credit: Photo via Coach Scialfo under the Creative Commons License
Colonia’s Girl’s Varsity volleyball team exstatic over 2 wins against Woodbridge and JFK

On Saturday September 24, 2016 Colonia were to face both JFK and Woodbridge at Colonia High. Colonia defeated both teams in a suspenseful tri match.

Woodbridge and JFk are both competitive teams, Colonia was up for a fight facing the barons and mustangs.

Woodbridge coming in with a 6-0 record, which is pretty good. With great attitudes and ready to play Woodbridge  walked into Colonia High’s gym doors fierce and ready to compete.

As for JFK, a great team with great communication came in with a record of 6-1. Kennedy volleyball is a great program who has dedicated girls wanting to grab that GMC title. Ready to take down Woodbridge and Colonia was the Mighty Mustangs.

Colonia has been ready to defeat Woodbridge and JFK. Practicing hard with conditioning and having tough practices, Colonia’s team came prepared and ready to play. The Patriots worked hard and came to win. Preparing all week for these 2 highly anticipated games the Lady Patriots had many hitting drills and blocking drills to prepare.

First up was Colonia and Woodbridge. There was a huge crowd ready to support the Lady Patriots. Colonia’s football team was a major help in Colonia’s “W” against Woodbridge. The football team were chanting and cheering for the girl’s every point they made.

Colonia beat Woodbridge in just 2 sets with Amarah Ellahi with 7 service points, Brianna Kelly with 2 kills and Manuela Martinez with 6 kills and even Camila Camacho with an astonishing performance with 3 aces, 4 service points, and 4 kills. Colonia came together to beat Woodbridge and catch the first dub of the tri match.

Immediately after came Woodbridge and JFK. After Woodbridge lost the first game they were ready to reboot and  beat JFK.

When asked Colonia High School’s own varsity player Camila Camacho gave some insight on the tri match. “Well to begin with, I thought the team played really well. We beat JFK and Woodbridge because of our chemistry and communication. I think we are going to have a successful season, we have a big comeback game against south and East Brunswick and we really want to win Division and County.

The second game was Woodbridge and JFK. Another extremely intense and well played game by both teams. JFK beat Woodbridge in 2 sets with Tara DellaTorre with 13 digs, Samantha Impaglia with 6 service points, and Shannen Gallery with 4 kills. JFK is a great hard-working and competitive team that was proud of their win against Woodbridge.

Back to Colonia, JFK and Colonia competed in the final match of the tri match. Once again Colonia beat JFK in  2 sets. Making it a clean sweep against JFK and Woodbridge in the annual cross town tri match. Kelly Mitch had 6 service points making the lead bigger, Christina Blauvelt with 13 digs, Mackenzie Williams with 6 kills, and Camacho with 8 kills.

Most of all, Colonia had a successful day making their record 8-2. The Lady Patriots are coming fierce and ready to win a GMC Title this year. Good luck to all 3 varsity teams in the rest of their season.