March Madness is full of bracket breaking upsets

Photo Credit: photo via wiki commons under creative commons license
After intense rounds of elimination basketball, the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament 2018 champion was Villanova.

March Madness is the biggest tournament in college basketball. March Madness comes around every year in March and its always filled with crazy moments. According to the NCAA website, this year there were 13 upsets in the tournament destroying many of the brackets filled out by fans.

Many consider March madness as their  favorite kind of tournament because you never know what’s going to happen.

Arizona was picked by many fans,coaches,and experts to win the whole tournament, however they got knocked out in the first round by number 13 seed Buffalo.

Loyola Chicago makes history

It is not shocking to anyone that the first three teams made the final four but the last one is very surprising.

Loyola Chicago is a small school out of Illinois that nobody predicted to make it this far in the tournament. They started this tournament as an 11 seed. They have gone on an incredible run to get to where there at.

On this road to the final four they beat a No. 6, a No. 3 and a No. 7, the last test was No. 9 seed. Even though they came up short against Michigan, they still put on a great show for the fans to watch. The viewers usually see schools that are in the the top five seeds to make it to the final four not an 11. That is the beauty of March Madness. Any team stands a chance because it’s a single game elimination throughout the whole thing. 

Fans’ thoughts

Keyshawn Davis who is a JV basketball player at Colonia High School and a huge basketball fan. “So far I have really been enjoying this March Madness so far, there has been so many upsets that it’s hard not to watch.” He stated how he lives the month of March. “March Madness is the tournament for me,I enjoy watching it way more than I do the NBA because of the emotion  and passion the college kids have.

Dawayne Derios, a JV basketball player at Colonia High School, expressed how big a fan he was of college basketball. Dwayne is a North Carolina fan and they got knocked out in the round of 32. “I’m pretty upset that my team is out so early however I will still be watching the rest of this March madness tournament.  Even though he was very mad that his team lost he has still enjoyed watching the rest of the games. I believe Kansas will win it all because they have a good core group and multiple seniors that have been in this position before.”