Building laughs with The Lego Movie

Photo Credit: Photo via Lego.wikia.com under the Creative Commons License.
If you missed the Lego Movie in theaters, buy it on video.

When an ordinary Lego Constructer gets caught in a tornado of huge responsibilities, it’s only up to him to save the world from an evil tyrant planning to glue everything. The Lego Movie came out on February 7, 2014, and as soon as it hit the theaters it became essential for me to watch. With the voiceovers Will Ferrell (Lord Business/ President Business, the Man Upstairs), Will Arnett (Batman, Bruce Wayne), and Elizabeth Banks (WyldStyle) my expectations for this movie were high.

Fortunately for me, when I went to see the movie, it went way above my prospects.

The Lego Movie was about a common Lego Construction Worker named Bruce Wayne, stuck in a mainstream world. When he follows a beautiful Legoby the name of WyldStyle, he gets himself entangled in a mess he can’t get out of. So what is a little ordinary Lego to do?

Well since there seems like there is no choice, save the world it is. Once making the final decision Bruce sets out to save the Lego Dimension with his friends and crew. Along the way he finds love, makes sacrifices, and finds the ability to be a builder of his own without all the plans and directions.

I can definitely praise this movie, if I were to rate it, it would be five stars hands down. The whole movie was made out of Legos. All of the streets, houses, scenery, cars, buildings, monsters, everything was built out of Legos. No doubt this movie took a lot of time. I would definitely recommend this movie to all ages.  It has humor for adults and kids as well as an easy to comprehend plot.

There is not one thing that I could say badly about this movie. The effects and actual characters were amazing as well as the voiceovers. This movie won two awards, the Key Art Award and the SXSW Film Festival Award.

So as you can see this movie is definitely worth your time. If you want to have a good laugh and maybe even cry with your friends and family get The Lego Movie! It will not disappoint.