A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding is a disappointment

This+movie+is+70%25+on+Rotten+Tomato.++
Photo Credit: Photo via Rose Mciver Source under Creative Commons Licenses
This movie is 70% on Rotten Tomato.

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding is a Netflix original. This movie has all the ingredients to be a classic romantic Christmas movie: drama, a prince, and a wedding. However, this movie is a disappointment

This movie is a sequel to A Christmas Prince. A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding came out on November 30, 2018.

Summary

In the first movie, Amber Moore and Prince Richard fall in love. The movie ends with Prince Richard proposing to the young New Yorker with her saying yes.

Now this movie takes place a year later after the proposal. The movie starts off with a re-cape to refresh the audience minds about what major events took place during the previous movie. For example, Prince Richard is currently King of Aldovia and the royal couple’s wedding is in a few days. In addition, Moore started a blog about her new life.

After the re-cape, the audience see Moore and her father are traveling to Aldovia for the royal wedding.

King Richard started an economic revitalization program to help the Aldovia people. However, the program is failing and many people are loosing their jobs. All the people of Aldovia is anger at the monarchy and blaming King Richard for their problems.

Moore wants to help solve the country finance problem, but the King doesn’t want her assistance. Instead, he asked an old family friend, Lord Leopold, to help. According to almost everyone in the palace, a typical queen just stands their and smiles. This causes a strain on the royal couple relationship.

To keep herself busy, Moore starts planning their wedding. King Richard mom, Queen Helena, hired a wedding planner to help. The wedding planner turned down Moore ideas because it wasn’t protocol. Moore not having control on her life anymore, starts to make her question if she really wants this new lifestyle.

When Moore is told she can’t continue her blog because of protocol she looked at King Richard to defend her. Richard doesn’t defend her and that leads Moore to ran away. After King Richard finds Moore they make up and agree that Moore is not going to be a typical queen.

In the end, Moore has the wedding of her dreams and is allowed to continue her blog. In addition, Moore and her friends discover what is causing the economic problems in Aldovia.

Review

According to Rotten Tomatoes, the average rating for A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding is 5 out of 10.

This movie is your typical romantic cheesy Christmas movie. As a fan of the first movie I was expecting more. The first movie had more plot twists and major conflicts.

The conflicts in this movie was small and not very exciting compared to the first one. Also the solutions and problems were obvious in my opinion. The cause of the economic problems in Aldovia didn’t surprise me.

I got bored towards the middle of the movie. This movie takes forever to pick up and become more exciting. However, I enjoyed the end of the movie. The first movie is always the best movie in my opinion. It’s hard to top a very successful movie.

In addition, this movie is a kid friendly movie. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys cheesy romantic holiday movies. Also to little kids who like fairy tales.

Overall, I would have to give this movie 6 out of 10 stars. I like the concept and the idea of the movie. In my opinion, the concept of the movie was shown poorly. In addition, this movie remind me to much of Princess Diaries 2, which I didn’t like. I don’t like movies that reminds me of one my favorite childhood movies.