CHS patriots Conquered Southplainfield Tigers

Due+to+an+impressive+four+year+career+the+patriots+stand+tall+and+proud+as+they+celebrate+their+senior+night+
Photo Credit: photo by CTown hoops via twitter used with permission
Due to an impressive four year career the patriots stand tall and proud as they celebrate their senior night

On Tuesday, January 29th the patriots defeated  the tigers with a score of 69-26. Luke Valeriano led the patriots by scoring 16 points following up Baker with 11 points.

The Game

The patriots had an extraordinary performance during that game . Luke Valeriano #1  led the team with scoring 16 points . When asking Luke how did you do it he said “I just got a feel for the game it was  our senior night and it”s out last year playing ” . Like any other game Luke brought his A game on the court .

Following up the second highest scorer of the game was Chad Baker . Chad contributed 11 points for the team ,improving his season record to be blank . Not only did he contribute 11 points to his team he also scored a full court shot . When asking him what pushed him to do that he said “Well when the guy from the their team was throwing the free throws I told my coach that we should have as someone passes me the bowl to the other side of the court and I’ll go for the lay up but they when the guy missed I it the ball and I just went for it ” He then added ” from where I was it looked like it was going to hit 4 people in the stand”

When interviewing Coach Rodriguez about his teams performance he said “It was a great well balanced game ”  The team really went above an beyond expectations he added ” Every single senior Scored ,it was a perfect night every single person contributed to that win ”

Senior Night

Not only were they playing their last home game but they were also celebrating their 7 seniors as it was senior night. The 7 seniors on the team this year are Timmy Meehan , Timothy Rodriguez, Chad Baker , Tommy Mitch , Ola Aridegbe, Chris Sica, and Luke Valeriano . When asking them what they will miss the most about high school careers. They all agreed that the one thing they will miss the most about high school basketball  is each other .

Next up the patriots have their GMC semifinals against St Joe’s . They are all determined to avenge their loss against St Joe’s from last year and not let history repeat itself . Their goal is to be GMC Champs.