A crime drama that keeps you on the edge, Eeny Meeny by M.J Arlidge

”Photo via Amazon Books under Creative Common License.”
Bestselling novel Eeny Menny sold a record of thousand copies in the first 3 months of it’s release.

Eeny Meeny by M.J Arlidge is the first book of a mystery thriller series following Detective Helen Grace. Eeny  Meeny covers a twisted side of humanity and making people decided between life and death.

About the author

M.J Arlidge is the best selling, international author from Hampstead, North London. He attended University College School from 7 to 18 years old.  He is currently 44 years old, and he is an author/ TV presenter.  Arlidge started his career screenwriting. Best known for his acting career on a BBC 1 soap opera. M.J Arlidge wrote his first book Eeny Menny while working as TV producer for a British ”Survivor” show.

The start of the series

Detective Helen Grace is the main protagonist in Eeny Menny.  She’s a top-notch detective, dedicated to her work. She is a bit of an introvert and tends to keep to herself. Her partner doesn’t really know much about her besides what he can see.  Outside of the uniform, she takes care of her friend Marie and her disabled daughter Ana.  A strong well-rounded individual that brings a lot of inspiration to the girls that read Eeny Menny. Detective Helen Grace got nominated for ”Best Female Character” in 2017.

Eeny Menny takes a dark turn. A mind game of life or death. Detective Grace faces a nameless serial killer who abducts couples and makes them choose who lives or dies in order to survive. Cruelly locking them away with no escape, no food, no water, no light. Only a gun with one bullet, and a choice. The mind games put in motion by the serial killer made it easy for me to keep reading, and invest myself in the novel.  M.J Arildge writes the novel in such a way that he sucks you right into the situation. As if you’re the one making the decision between life and death.

Unfortunately, most of the crime dramas written today are extremely predictable. Arildge throws you for loop and a half.  Talking about about frame work, author M.J Arildge does a great job at diverting us from the real killer. If I do say so myself, if was a heart wrenching plot-twister to find out who the real killer is. Definitely a good read for a quiet day or a day at the beach.