Colonia High School seniors sign their National Letter of Intent

Colonia High School seniors, John Poznanski, Angelina Wintonick, and Nicholas Nielson, signed their national letter of intent on November 13, 2019.

John Poznanski

Poznanski’s wrestling career is by far one the best at Colonia high school. Poznanski is a two time GMC champion and holds the GMC Outstanding Wrestler title from his sophomore and junior year. He is a two-time NJSIAA State placer and a 2019 NJ state finalist. In addition, Poznanski won the Regions tournament twice and the Districts tournament three times. According to FloWrestling.  he is ranked fourth in the country and first in New Jersey (2019-2020). Poznanski is also a two time Fargo All American and placed third at the Beat of the East Tournament (2018). Lastly, Poznanski ended his junior year with a record-breaking 114 wins and 13 losses. 

As a junior, Poznanski verbally made a nonbinding commitment to the Rutgers University Wrestling program. As a result of last years’ season, Rutgers University ranked 9th in the country. The team is coach by Scott Goodale alongside assistant coaches John Leonardis and Donney Pritzlaff. These coaches have a close bond to their athletes and truly care and want the best for each one of them. Therefore Poznanski decided that Rutgers was the place for him to continue his wrestling career.

Angelina Wintonick

Wintonick has played volleyball at Colonia high school for the past four years. She is a libero/defensive specialist and has quite the high school career; she tallied 30 assists, 653 digs, 69 aces, and 212 service points over the four years. Wintonick accomplished many such as Second Team All Division, voted top Seniors in New Jersey (2019), voted top Juniors in New Jersey (2018), voted top Sophomores in New Jersey (2017), and voted top Siblings (alongside sister Sophia) in New Jersey (2018,2019). 

Off the court, Wintonick makes time to stay active in school and her community. She serves as Treasurer of the National Honor Society and Secretary of the Student Council. On the other hand she is the Editor in Chief of the Declaration Newspaper at Colonia high school and the NJSIAA Student Leadership Representative for Middlesex County (2019). 

Wintonick will be attending Saint Francis College as a volleyball recruit and full-time student. Saint Francis College is a private school in Brooklyn Heights, New York. In the summer of 2016 Sara McMullen became head coach of the women’s volleyball team. Saint Francis College is known for their fierce competition and ability to dominate their opponents.

Nicholas Nielson

Nielson is the starting pitcher for the Colonia high school varsity team and officially committed to play baseball at Wagner University. In 2019 Neilson and his varsity team won 1st Team All-Conference, 2nd Team All-County, North vs. South Allstar Game, Quad County Game, and the Middlesex County Allstar Showcase. Nielson’s batting average is .264 and earned a run average of 1.86. In total Nielson had 76 strikeouts, he has a fielding percentage of 8.14 and his current record is 8-2. 

The Wagner Seahawks compose of 23 teams and sponsor men’s baseball and football. The Seahawks compete in the NCAA Division and they are members of the Northeastern Conference for all sports except water polo. Jim Carone is the head baseball coach for Wagner College. Wagner also has a record of 19-32 as of last season and ranked 248 out of every D1 baseball college.

Colonia high school is incredibly proud of Poznanski, Neilson, and Wintonick for their hard work and dedication.