The+Notebook

Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons License

The Notebook

The Notebook will make you feel a whirlwind of emotions

Winner of the AARP Movies for Grownups Award, The Notebook, is classical love story about two people who eventually find their way back to each other.

Summary

The Notebook was directed by Nick Cassavetes. Featuring Rachel Adams as Allie Hamilton and Ryan Gosling as Noah in a movie inspired by Nicholas Sparks. Set in North Carolina in the 1940’s Allie who comes from a rich and wealthy family meets Noah who isn’t wealthy in a Carnival. Noah falls in love with Allie but she shows no interest at first, but soon after they both fall in love. Noah shows her the house that he wants to rebuild for her. Allie’s parents do not approve of her relationship with Noah so they move to New York with her. Noah writes to her for a whole year but then stops as he goes and enlist to the army almost 3 years, meanwhile Allie never got the letters because her parents made sure she didn’t.

Allie ends up meeting Lon as a nurse during the war because he had been injured. Lon had come from money and were approved by her parents. Noah returns from the war and decided to still by his dream house and rebuild it by himself. When Allie returns back to town she comes across a picture of Noah on the newspaper in front of the house that she knew was supposed to be their house together. Allie goes and visits the house where she sees Noah for the first time in years. Allie is now torn apart whether she wants to stay with Lon or go back to Noah.

Review

The movie began with Allie now at an older age being told her own life story. The flashback and how she’s reading about her own life without even realizing adds emotion to the movie. Most movies are stereotypical and the two people who fell in love end up together and live happily ever after. This movie ends with Allie actually remembering that the story was about her and visiting Noah in his room and they die together peacefully by each others side. That is arguably probably one of the saddest movie scenes when it comes down to this genre of movies.

After all the struggles they went through to be together, they manage to continue their love story by passing away together. This movie brings a lot of emotions to the table. Anger when you find out Allie hadn’t been getting the letters and they forced her to move. Frustration when you don’t know who Allie is going to pick. Most importantly you can almost feel the love that Allie and Noah had. The sadness when Allie remembers her life and goes to Noah’s side.

I believe this to be the best romantic movie that has been made so far. Emotions run wild in this movie, and it’s a sad-happy crying that comes from this movie. Overall I would say this movie is a 5/5 stars and a it’s great love story to watch.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in