Dancing the way to our Hearts

The television show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ still is in season after 19 season.
After 19 seasons, Dancing with the Stars keeps the classic logo.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons License
After 19 seasons, ‘Dancing with the Stars’ keeps the classic logo.

This ABC television show centers around stars of today and yesterday taking on the challenge of ballroom dancing. The show has gone through 19 seasons and still popular for any kind of viewer. The celebrities are selected and paired with a professional dancer. Each week they are challenged with a different style of dance. After the completion of their dance, the judges will each scores them on a number from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest score. At the end of the first night, the contestants are ranked from highest score to the lowest score. The next night, one contested who has the lowest combined viewer’s votes and judges scores is eliminated. This continues until there is one celebrity standing. The winner of Dancing with the Stars is given the mirror ball trophy.

After complete 18 seasons, currently on their 19th season, Dancing with the Stars has changed. One thing that has changed is the music. But many feel that the music selection changed for the better. The music that is being played by the live band is songs that we would hear on the radio. They are songs that teenagers hear today. With this addition, it can help bring in a new audience to watch the show.

In their first season, only 6 celebrities are selected to perform and there were three judges critiquing the performances. Throughout the years, the show changed with the coming year. As they conclude their 19th season, there is now four judges and 12 celebrities compete for the trophy. The contests vary from teenage idols to reality television stars.

The costumes are what bring theses dances to life. The costumes, along with the hair and make-up, help bring the choreographers vision to life. For the more elegant dances, they are provided a long, sparkling gown. But for the fast paced routines, they are given a shorter colorful dress to wear. But the costumes aren’t the main focus of the show.

This show has been on for a long time, it might be time for it to come to an end. While listening to what the judges have to say about each dance, the performances are not focusing on the dance but the entertainment. Is it just a coincidence that one of the professional dancers has their sibling as the fourth judge, and that he, along with his celebrity partner, made it to the finals? One could notice that the couple that continues on each week are the performances that entertain. There is not anything wrong with that but this is supposed to be about the dance. They have lost the initial element of the basic dances. They are more concerned with making a performing that gets the votes of the viewers.Maybe it is time,they end the show after 19 seasons.

With the season finale quickly approaching, the celebrities are under pressure to perform. Who will come up on top? It is up to the fans. Will the winner be a skilled dancer or a big time star?