Insurgent leaves audiences unsatisfied, dissapointed

Photo Credit: photo via wikimedia under creative commond license

On March 20, 2015 the second chapter of the Divergent series Insurgent hit the theaters and yet again made a splash. According to Box Office Mojo, Insurgent has brought in $114,708,645 in the United State and had a production cost of $110 million. In just it’s opening weekend, it grossed  $52,263,680. However, Divergent brought in $54,607,747 in it’s opening weekend.

Insurgent was the second chapter in the Divergent Series and overall the movie was enjoying. From beginning to end the action stayed high tempo and the plot took many twists and turns throughout the whole movie. Insurgent is rate PG13 and is a nearly two hour action-thriller movie.

However, I felt Insurgent jumped too far into the beginning of the story and unless you have recently just watched divergent or read the book, you would be lost in the beginning. Insurgent starts off in the quiet, peaceful village of amity. Where fighting is not committed our heroes find a way to still cause chaos, even when they know they can only stay for a short time as they plan their next move against  Insurgent brought in top actors including Theo James, Augustus Waters and but those three names failed to execute a poor script that changed characteristics too often. Insurgent also held way to much time on the relationship between four and hazel grace. The relationship obviously brought the plot to where it was throughout the movie, but I felt as if the movie was overwhelmed with their romance, and took away from the plot and task at hand.

The teen movie industry has had its ups and downs through the past 5 years and I felt like this was another step in the wrong direction. Compared to Divergent, Insurgent lacked the overall feeling of the book story that was supposed to be highly anticipated.

For the next movie, I would like the storyline to follow the book more and I would like for their highly trained actors to all come together and show off why they are in the movie.