Ghost is a classic story that everyone can enjoy

1990’s Ghost is perhaps one of the most famous romantic movies of all time, and for good reason. It has great characters and a fantastic story. The main reason why Ghost is so popular is because it has something for everyone. Ghost has elements of romance, comedy, drama, horror, and mystery all throughout the story, making it enjoyable for every audience. It is one of the greatest romance movies of all time and will be for years to come.

Summary

The movie follows the story of Sam Wheat, played by Patrick Swayze, who is killed by his co-worker after discovering that he has been money laundering. Sam becomes a ghost and can’t be seen by anyone except a spiritual advisor named Oda Mae Brown, played by Whoopi Goldberg. Oda Mae helps Sam to protect his girlfriend Molly Jensen (played by Demi Moore) from the man that took his life.

Review

I think that Ghost is a great movie. It is thrilling to watch and has amazing characters. I especially liked the character of Oda Mae Brown. Oda Mae was very funny and served as a comic relief of sorts, while still being a huge part of the story. Carl Bruner (played by Tony Goldwyn) was a fantastic character. He was the man responsible for the death of Sam, and was a great villain. Ghost had a very simple story, which made it easy to follow and very enjoyable. Demi Moore did an amazing job playing the role of Molly Jensen. She was so believably in love and created so much emotion in the people watching. Finally, Patrick Swayze’s character Sam Wheat was a perfect protagonist. He was funny and likable, and so easy to root for.

Finally, the ending of Ghost was perfect. While it was sad, it gave the viewers closure and sparked emotion.

Critique

The one thing I would say about this movie is that at times it was a bit cheesy. The 1990 CGI (specifically in the grim reaper scenes) just did not fit in, and while there wasn’t many scenes that included it it just felt out of place. I feel that a real actor playing these spirits would have been a better choice.

I also feel that the subway ghost was unnecessarily weird. While he was supposed to be a mentor of sorts, he felt more like a lunatic. I thought that his random bursts of anger and weird close up shots were unsettling, and the movie would have been better without.

Conclusion

The movie Ghost has some amazing characters. Sam Wheat, Molly Jensen, and Oda Mae Brown are all so lovable and easy to root for. Carl Bruner was a fantastic villain that did a great job of carrying the plot.

Ghost also was great because of its inclusion of every genre. It is a mix of romance, comedy, drama, and mystery, which didn’t leave any room for a dull moment.

In conclusion, Ghost is a great romantic movie that I believe every audience will enjoy. Ghost is one of the most popular movies of it’s time, and now it is rightfully referred to as a classic.

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in