Photo Credit: photo via pxfuel under creative commons license

Whether you have someone or not, this Valentine’s Day celebrate love. Love yourself, love a friend, or love a significant other.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, the staff of the Declaration compiled a list of reviews of their favorite romantic movies.

According to Entertainment Weekly, these are a few of the highest-grossing rom-coms of all time: Sweet Home Alabama, Coming to America, Silver Linings Playbook, Bringing Down the House, As Good As It Gets, Runaway Brides, The Proposal, and Crazy Rich Asians. 

Whether you are looking for a romantic movie to give you the feels or are looking to cuddle up and watch the movie with your significant other, these movies can assist you with celebrating Valentine’s Day.

Some people avoid this holiday simply because they do not have a special someone in their life. ABC Arizona published an article in 2018 about loving or hating Valentines’s Day. When they polled single people about what they do on Valentine’s Day, 29% said pamper themselves, 23% said have a nice dinner, and 21% said watch a romantic movie. If you don’t have the money to pamper yourself, enjoy takeout or order some grub hub/ door dash and enjoy a romantic movie from our list.

In 2019 the National Retail Federation reported that people spent $20.7 billion celebrating Valentine’s Day and on average people spent $162 on gifts for their significant other. If you are in relationship, it can save you some money to also order in and watch a movie.

Read our reviews when narrowing down your movie selection for Valentine’s Day. Some movies may make you cry so have the tissues ready. Other movies may make you laugh which can help burn off the calories you’ll consume eating that container of ice cream.

The Notebook will make you feel a whirlwind of emotions
About Time, is Timeless
Should Fever Pitch be your call to the bullpen for valentines day?
Film “When Harry Met Sally” 30 Years Later
A look into “The Kissing Booth”
“Isn’t It Romantic” brings laughter to Valentine’s Day
Sweet Home Alabama is a Valentines Day must
“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” brings joy to people
10 Things I Hate About You is a movie you cannot hate
“Safe Haven” is a heartfelt rom-com
A Star is Born is more than just a love song
Ghost is a classic story that everyone can enjoy
To All The Boys I´ve Loved P.S. I still Love you fills your heart with romance
“The Spectacular Now” is indeed a spectacular movie
P.S I Love You will have you crying

The Declaration • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in