Take a jump and turn your dream into reality

Photo Credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SteveHarveyHWOFMay2013.jpg

Steve Harvey #1 New York Times bestselling author helps you look deep inside yourself and find your purpose in life.

It all started on January 13, 2016 at the end of a family feud taping. Harvey began to speak to his audience not knowing that the cameras were still on. The $100 million dollar host gave his audience insight into his happiness and success. He gave them advice to find their purpose in life and what they really want to do and take a risk to achieve their dream.

Harvey tells his audience how important their dreams are and not giving up. You have to refuse to let go of your dream and take the leap of faith. He explains how through hard work, imagination and faith we can make our visions a reality. He also encourages the reader to engage the divine spirit within themselves to find their life desires and purpose.

God gave me a vision for my life, and that was to be on television,” Harvey said. “In order for me to get there, my journey included flunking out of college, being laid off from my job, being homeless for three years, going through two divorces, and owing the IRS tons of money because of horrible advice. In dealing with each one of these setbacks, I chose to jump.”

He questioned why this was happening to him. He realized that going to college wasn’t his dream. It became easier for him to put his “failure” behind him and stop focusing on it. He had a job at Ford and started making $13.50 an hour and with overtime $27 an hour. Then Ford laid him off he applied for a job for Allstate. They told him “Steve you’re just not the kind of guy we want at Allstate.”

He got a job at a different insurance company. Then in 1985 he found himself just existing and wanted more than working behind a desk. He took a leap of faith and quit his job and left everything behind to chase his dream of being on television. Harvey says “there should be nothing bigger than your dream. Your dream is everything. It’s the biggest part of your life.”

Harvey knew what he wanted in life. He knew that leaving a dead end job and taking a risk was necessary for him to unlock his gift. Going after your dreams and taking the leap of faith won’t be easy. The first month as a comedian he made $125 the next month $75 then $50. His first year as comedian he made less than $4,000. He also lived in his car. His relationship with his family began to fall apart. Through all of the hardships he never gave up chasing his dream because he had faith and hope.

Because of Harvey’s imagination it him get through the difficult times. Albert Einstein said, “imagination is everything.” Its preview of life’s coming attractions. Harvey believes if you “live the life you want in your imagination, and it can be made real.” Imagining his life to come helped him keep his spirits up.

Therefore Jump is an extraordinary book that leaves you motivated and wanting to chase your dream.