Sweetberry Bowls is a sweet spot in Woodbridge

Sweetberry+offers+custom+a%C3%A7a%C3%AD%2C+pitaya%2C+green%2C+and+coconut+bowls.+
Photo Credit: Photo via Declaration Staff
Sweetberry offers custom açaí, pitaya, green, and coconut bowls.

One of the biggest food trends came to Woodbridge when Sweetberry Bowls opened up in 2018. It is located on St. George’s Avenue, close to neighboring towns. The chain serves açaí bowls, oatmeal, smoothies, and salads. Factors such as service, price, and food quality will be used to determine if Sweetberry Bowls is really worth the hype.

First impressions

The large variety of menu options is posted on the wall for customers to see as they walk in. Photo via the Declaration Staff.

Sweetberry Bowls has been open for many months now. Paying $10 for one bowl was enough for me to postpone a visit for all of those months. To be fair, competitors charge between $9 and $12 for the same items so the price is standard. Smoothies are $7 and salads start at $10. Adding protein such as chicken, beans, or quinoa will cost you a few extra dollars. A trip to Sweetberry’s is definitely not cheap, but that seems to be the standard for similar places.

The bright pink walls and vines hanging from the ceiling overwhelm you as you walk in the door. This type of decor is common among the most-Instagrammable places, but there is almost too much covering the walls. There is plenty of indoor seating for customers to sit with friends and family. Most importantly, the floors and tables were spotless and utensils were organized.

The girls working behind the counter moved through customers in line quickly. All of the items were ready within two or three minutes of placing the order.

Taste

In terms of appearance, the fruit in the açaí bowls looked fresh and vibrant. For $10 the size of the bowl is decent and it is piled high with ingredients. Sweetberry Bowls blends their açaí with apple juice and bananas, so it is a bit sweeter than the typical açaí bases. The sweetness of the açaí pairs well with the granola, and the fruit tasted as delicious as it looked. Customers can also top their bowls with items such as Nutella for extra flavor for no additional charge.

At places such as Jamba Juice, customers can get a large smoothie for under $7. At Sweetberry their smoothies are also $7 but are equivalent to a size small at most places. The smoothies tasted good but were not spectacular. Overall, the smoothies would not be the best choice for anyone looking to get the best value for their money.

Overall

Sweetberry Bowls is a great place to go if you have a few extra dollars to spend. The Woodbridge location accepts online orders for pickup and delivery, which is ideal for those on the go. Their menu items are perfect for those looking for a refreshing snack.