Movies that were a hit in 2019

Movies that were a hit in 2019
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons License

Top 5 movies in the U.S that came out in 2019 and were favorited by the audience.

#1 Irishman

This movie came out November 1, 2019 and reached a box office of $8 million. This movie is about Frank Sheeran who was a killer who learned how to kill during World War 2. The Irishman now looks back at his past history as he worked. He also got involved with families like the Bufalinos and works for Jimmy Hoffa. Sheeran climbs to the top of the rank as a hitman. This movie had an 86% on audience score.

#2 Once upon a time…. in Hollywood

This movie came out July 26, 2019 with a box office of  $373.4 million. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the setting takes place in 1969 in Los Angeles. Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth make their way in life and change their lifestyle. They become hardly recognizable living the best of their lives. The actors live next to Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski. Their lives were changed with their encounters with the Manson Family. The outcome of the Manson family encounters with Polanski and Tate turn out differently and their deaths are avoided in the plot of this movie.

#3 Marriage Story

This movie stars Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson as a married couple who are in the middle of going through a breakup. We are introduced to both of the characters and their personalities through the partners perspective. The author is trying to show how no matter what kind of divorce people go through there is a never easy one when everything works out perfectly fine and that there are always two sides to the story. Nicole had her faults as did Charlie but they both had their flaws. This movie received an 84% score from the audience.

#4 Little Women

Little Women directed by Greta Gerwig and is a coming of age movie. The plot revolves around 3 sisters named the March sisters who now live their seperate lives but were once inseperable before romance and growing up was added to the picture. Jo works in New York City, Amy studies painting and art in Paris. Meanwhile, Meg lives a simple life married to a school teacher. In the movie the girls are growing up and learning what life is truly like bit by bit. Gerwig also rearranged the sequence of the plot which added more a mystery to the plot as to what was happening. This movie box office $148.4 million and recieved a 92% audience score.

#5 Knives Out

Directed by Rian Johnson, Knives out box office reached $287.7 million dollars. After the death of Harlan Thrombey, detectives and police want to find out if it was actually a suicide or if it was a murder. The movie shows us Marta accidetnally giving the wrong medicine to Thrombey and then him killing himself alongside with a suicide night, Harlan had made sure to make it look like a suicide. Throughout the movie Marta is trying to keep the secret that she believes she is the reason Harlan died to herself but she encounters problems and obstacles as people in the family begin to catch Suspicion.