PTO hosts Harvest Festival on October 18th to kick-off the start of Fall

Painting pumpkins is one of the many things you can do at the Harvest Festival.
Photo Credit: Photo via https://www.flickr.com/photos/heymrleej/5179720372/ under the Creative Commons License

On October 18th at 10 a.m. the CHS PTO will be hosting its 6th annual Harvest Festival at Colonia High School. People can expect face painting, pumpkin decorating, crafts, food, and vendors.

The harvest festival is going to be a kick-off to the PTO’s new activities this year and an easy way for visitors to find some great deals. People should go to the Harvest festival to help with this fundraiser.

Whether it is rain or shine, come help raise money for the PTO and to support the students and Colonia High School. When money is made by the vendors, a portion goes to the PTO and will then go towards helping Colonia High School financially. Those who are interested are welcome and there will be free admission to get into the festival.

“It is a great chance to purchase holiday gifts and decorations. You can also find some great things that you can’t find in many other places,” said Melissa Abrams, English teacher, who has attended past Harvest Festivals at Colonia.

The Harvest festival will be featuring the Bonefish Grill, who will be serving all you can eat Bang Bang Shrimp and chicken from 12-2:30 p.m. In order to get food attendees will need to pre-order tickets or purchase them at the festival. Tickets are $15 per person.

If  you are a vendor or are interested in having a table at the Harvest Festival, tables will be available for $30 and if more space is needed, double tables are available for $50. Volunteers are also needed.

Volunteers are needed to help with “setting things up and carrying things,” says Joanne Beebe, the CHS Nurse and PTO member.

They are also needed to bake and sell for the bake sale. If  interested in baking,  pies, cakes, muffins, cookies, and breads are greatly appreciated. If you are interested in vending or being a volunteer please contact Maria at her phone number: 201-401-5321 or at her e-mail: [email protected].

Going to the festival is also a way to get and buy gifts for family and friends. Some examples of what is there to buy at the vendors’ tables will be candles, Tupperware, Pampered Chef items, and much more.

“The Colonia High International Thespian Society is setting up a table to sell fridge frames as a fundraiser,” Abrams said.

People can also pay to get a massage at the massage table to get some relief of the stress that might have occurred or just because a massage is a great way to relax. Parents don’t have to worry about the kids though, because there are activities for the kids to do too. Some of these activities consist of painting a face on a pumpkin, getting their face painted, and even doing a craft or two.

The PTO has made $1,700 in the past, so by going to the festival you can help them reach that goal and possibly even go over it. Remember the money that the PTO gets, goes towards helping the school, so by going and buying the items the vendors are selling will only be a benefit.