What is the best study method for finals?

Best and worst of food delivery apps

Photo Credit: Photo via the Declaration Newspaper
Uber Eats, GrubHub, and DoorDash are the most used food delivery service apps.

Food delivery apps have become one of the most popular way of receiving food recently. People everywhere have started to use these food delivery apps to safely eat throughout the  pandemic.

Advantages

Food delivery apps like DoorDash, UberEats, and GrubHub are all convenient ways to get food delivered right to your doorstep. These apps were around long before the pandemic started, but now are a lot more popular. Delivery apps have helped a lot of people, especially ones who cannot leave their houses get food from their favorite spots during this time.

Delivery apps have definitely helped people who cannot leave their house. However, it also might help people who have anxiety while ordering their food. While ordering on these apps, you only have to click a few buttons and then your order is placed. These apps also benefit the restaurants you’re ordering from. It gives them more time for you to prepare your order, to make sure it’s right.

Disadvantages

They’re also a lot of disadvantages with this app. One of the main disadvantages is the fact that you don’t know the person who’s picking up your order. This fact turns a lot of people away from these delivery apps for obvious safety reasons. Even though most drivers on this app are trustworthy, you don’t exactly know what they’re doing with your food from point A to point B. Most restaurants have an extra safety feature when they pack your food, however. Usually, they will seal your bag so you can tell if it has been opened or not. However, not all restaurants do this.

One other disadvantage is the extra cost while ordering through these apps. Since the food is being delivered right to your door, there are extra charges that are put in place when ordering your food. Some restaurants even make their food more expensive on these apps. When ordering you usually have to pay a delivery fee, taxes, and the tip for your driver. These fees are all added on to your meal price. For some these costs don’t necessarily matter, but for others these extra costs can turn them away from using food delivery apps.

Safety Concerns

As mentioned in the disadvantages section, safety concerns are huge for both the delivery person and the person who ordered the food. Even though they sign up for it, delivery drivers have to go drop food off to the houses of strangers. Some people may have different reactions to their food, and will take it out on the driver, not the restaurant they actually ordered their food from.

For people ordering their food, it’s unknown what can happen with it. There have been different videos surfaced of delivery drivers taking sips of an order’s drink, and then delivering it like nothing happened. While not all delivery drivers do this, it definitely sticks in the minds of many when placing an order through these apps.

If you decide to order through these apps, remember to check your food before you eat it. Even though most of what was mentioned doesn’t happen all the time, it doesn’t hurt to check.