The guide to trying Starbucks coffee

Pictured+is+the+traditional+Starbucks+logo+featuring+a+mermaid.+This+logo+has+remained+the+same+since+the+company+opened.+
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons Under Creative Commons License
Pictured is the traditional Starbucks logo featuring a mermaid. This logo has remained the same since the company opened.

Starbucks is a multimillion-dollar coffeehouse company. Many are opposed to the company’s high prices or strong coffee, but here’s the ultimate guide if you’re looking to try out the company.

Sweet coffee

If you enjoy sweeter drinks, there are many options that you can try to satisfy the sweet tooth.

The Java Chip Frappuccino is the sweetest drink at Starbucks. It has a total of 80 grams of sugar. It’s full of chocolate chips, mocha sauce, and a mocha drizzle for your sweet tooth. This drink also has as much caffeine as an espresso so it will give you a kick start to your day.

The Caramel Macchiato is also a good choice for a sweeter drink. It contains 33 grams of sugar. It also has steamed milk and espresso. Those are paired with vanilla syrup and a caramel drizzle. This is one of the most well-known drinks at the coffee franchise.

For those who enjoy vanilla drinks, try the Blonde Vanilla Latte. Starbucks’ Blonde coffee is simply a lighter roast for those who don’t enjoy strong coffee. This drink uses vanilla syrup to match the light flavor of the espresso. This contains 35 grams of sugar.

Another drink that is a favorite of many is the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. It contains only 13 grams of sugar, but is definitely a sweet drink. It’s cinnamon-spiced and sweetened with brown sugar syrup. White-sugar syrup also sweetens the drink. It contains oatmilk as well to lighten and sweeten the drink.

Stronger coffee

Some people prefer stronger coffee, and here are the drinks for you.

The original Pike Place Roast Filter contains 410 miligrams of caffeine, and is one of the strongest drinks at Starbucks. The brand’s Pike Place Roast is a smooth blend of Latin American coffees. It also has notes of chocolate and toasted nuts.

The strongest iced drink at Starbucks is a plain cold brew coffee. A venti size contains 360 mg of caffeine, with just a simple and strong coffee flavor without additives. The coffee is made with a 20-hour cold water steep which makes it strong.

Another incredibly strong drink is the Iced Caffe Americano. It’s extra black coffee with four shots of espresso topped with water. One can order this iced or hot, or with extra shots of espresso to make it stronger.

Other drinks

Not everyone enjoys the rich and bitter taste of coffee, and that’s ok. Here are some options for those kinds of people.

The Honey Citrus Mint tea has a lot of flavor. It contains steamed lemonade with two tea blends. It features notes of lemongrass, pineapple, and chamomile. Honey sweetens the drink. You can add stevia or other sweeteners upon request.

The Iced Peach Green Tea is another sweet tea with much flavor. It contains peach-flavored juice mixed with green tea. It doesn’t have much added sugar for those who are conscious of that. Honey can sweeten this drink.

The Iced Matcha Tea Latte is a simple thirst-quenching drink. It contains only three ingredients: matcha, milk, and sugar. Matcha is ground green tea.

For a fruity drink low in sugar, try the Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade. It’s a mix of lemonade and fruit juice. Hibiscus, cinnamon, and lemongrass infuse with the mixture. It’s not only a punch of flavor, but of color as well.