What Makes Jets fans unique

The New York Jets have not won a Super Bowl since their world famous 1969 Super Bowl run. Most currently Jets fans were not even alive to see that Super Bowl unfold. To this day the only good memories Jets fans can look back on is their Super Bowl three win against the Baltimore Colts by score of 16-7.

Unlike the typical bandwagon fans who jump from winning team to winning team, being a die hard Jets fans is not easy. Fans have to constantly deal with Giants fans and why they think they are the best in New York.

Jets fans tend to be loyal fans.
Photo Credit: photo via www.flickr.com under Creative Commons License.
Jets fans tend to be loyal fans.

James Miller, diehard Giants fan said, “I think the fans, and the teams for the matter, butt heads because they are sharing the attention and support of such a prominent city. Most athletes live for the chance to play on a New York team, because of the exposure they get and the media attention. Then causing rifts between the organizations, players, and fans.”

On top of that you have to deal with the Jets not producing during the regular season. The Jets on paper every year look like they have a chance to win it all and go far. But, what actually happens is never pretty for Jets fans. Throughout it all though, Jets fans always cheer for their team and hope for a win although they may be disappointed they will always be there next week to support their team. Along with the constant Jets and Giants trash talk which will always be consistent and never go away.

Miller also went and added, “For the most part a lot of the Jets fans I know are respectable and do not  mind being the butt of a joke, but sometimes Jets fans disrespect or curse the Giants for no apparent reason, it’s all fun of competition but it can get real heated and personal.”

James Lugardo Sr., diehard Jets fan said, “Jet fans support their team no matter what. Even after bad draft selections, poor play, and poor records year after year Jets fans continue to support and believe that one year things will change.”

Jets fans have been loyal to their team since the beginning and it will continue that way. Being as loyal and unique as Jets fans are just makes that notorious Super Bowl run in the near future that much sweeter.