Kicking the Monday Blues Away

Monday: the day after Sunday, the day that everyone goes back to work or school, the day where the weekend and the fun ends, the day that everyone dreads. If you are the type of the person to get the Monday Blues, there are a few ways to kick the blues away.

Everyone has had those days where they are enjoying a nice slumber, and then the dreaded alarm clock rears its ugly jingle into your morning. On Monday you have two choices, to hit the snooze button a couple times and run the risk of running late to work or school or get up and make some nice coffee. Taking the three minutes to make that cup of Joe in the morning can really make a big difference. It will fuel you for your long day, serving as breakfast if you do not have time to grab a quick bite, and it may even put you in a better mood.

One easy way to perk up on a Monday is to follow the old cliché saying “Dress for Success;” so, I set out the past couple of Mondays to see if the old saying was true. For the past three Mondays, I wore something nice such as dresses or skirts. Surprisingly, I got tons of complements, and it made me feel good about myself. It made the long and tiresome Monday just a little bit better. One way to kick Monday’s butt is to dress for success, as Nicholas Matrongolo, senior, likes to put it, “Looking good means feeling good.”

If coffee and dressing for success does not help you, you can try packing a delicious lunch. The time gap from waking up in the morning to lunch can often seem like an eternity. In order to look forward to eating lunch pack something that you usually do not eat. It may be something simple such as a chicken Caesar salad or something a bit more creative like a chicken parmesan sandwich. Having a fun lunch to look forward really makes the morning go by speedy quick.

Lunch is not the only thing you can look forward to; try making fun and exciting plans for a boring old Monday night to spice up your week. Why stay in and be bored on a Monday night when you can go to the movies, play mini golf, go laser tagging, or even a night trip to the beach. As said before, having something planned to look forward to really keeps your spirits up and can turn a drab Monday into a colorful Monday.

Mondays can have a monotonous feeling, but with help of other you can kick those Monday blues away. Just remember that Monday is just a day, and that there is always Tuesday just around the corner.