Hugs, kisses, love is only some of what makes up Valentine’s Day

Photo Credit: Photo via Pixabay under creative commons

Hate it or love it

When you think of Valentine’s Day you may think of flowers, chocolate, or couples. If you don’t have a date maybe you don’t like the holiday as much. But for the people that do, it’s great to have a romantic day or dinner with your partner. People can get gifts or yummy treats.

Either one is good for me, even before I didn’t have a boyfriend I still loved the holiday. Just because you don’t have a significant other doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the holiday. You can still get some chocolate and watch a movie with your best friend. Younger kids have Valentine’s Day parties and have goodie bags. Everyone brings different candies such as lollipops or chocolate. While others would bring little Valentine cards with other cute and fun things inside. 

Creative baking ideas

On Valentine’s Day, some popular gifts to get are chocolate in a heart-shaped box or some chocolate-covered strawberries. There have been some new trends going around for gifts.

I did some of them for my boyfriend this year. I made a big chocolate heart and drizzled red and pink chocolate on top. Since it is hollow in the middle, you get a little wooden mallet and hit it so it cracks. After you break it there is a little gift under it.

Another idea is homemade red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting. I made them and put a little cute heart sprinkle on top. We also got heart-shaped cookies baked them and had a decoration contest with red pink and white frosting and some pearl sprinkles. After we made everything we ate some and gave some to our family everyone loved them and it was so fun to make.

Gift ideas

Everyone loves gifts, even if they are small. But the question that arises is, would rather homemade gifts and store-bought?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind, my boyfriend and I gave each other both. I think handmade gifts are more meaningful though since you take more time to put it together and think about it. But also, gifts don’t need to be given only on certain dates, a surprise once in a while could really brighten your partner’s day. I think every girl would love some roses or any flower not just on Valentine’s day but any day.

My boyfriend surprised me with a heart-shaped pizza which was super cute. Even though it was something small and not very meaningful, it was super nice, and we both loved it. Another cute surprise gift could be some jewelry that has meaning behind it. I got a promise ring which I am currently obsessed with. There is also the option of necklaces, bracelets, or earrings instead. It all depends on what you like more.

Guys are a bit harder to shop for in my opinion. But they all love food so I got my boyfriend some homemade stuff with pictures of us and some chocolate and treats. But also, guys can wear jewelry as well. Maybe a matching bracelet or necklace could be a unique gift to give.