“Guinness World Records 2018” sheds light on past gaming news

The+Xbox+Adaptive+Controller+was+a+controller+produced+by+Microsoft+in+2018+for+the+Xbox+One+and+Xbox+Series+X%2FS+in+which+was+designed+for+people+for+disabilities.+
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikipedia Commons Under Creative Commons License
The Xbox Adaptive Controller was a controller produced by Microsoft in 2018 for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S in which was designed for people for disabilities.

2018 was a big year for gaming and to come with that is new records. 2018 was the year we were introduced to so many new games and innovatons throughout the gaming industry.

Some of the most played games

In 2018 “Fortnite” gained massive popularity and started to grow into one of the top games in the world having a player base of over 200 million players at the end of it’s seond year. “Fortnite” gained wide appeal this year also because of major streamers and youtuber pcking up the game ontop of getting the community together for limited timed gamemodes and live events

“Red Dead Redemption 2” was another new release in 2018 and gained a massive spike in popularity when it realeased. With it’s new and emersive story and great gameplay it is still held as an amazing game to this day having thousands of players around the world constantly playing.

“Marvel’s Spider-Man” was able to sell over 33 million copies in the first year of it’s release do to it’s appealing characters and amazing gameplay. ntop of a compeling story, amazing swinging and great combat it’s safe to assume that this game will still be praised for years to come.

Some of the most excitment for upcoming games

At the beginning of the year “Super Smash Bros Ultimate” was announced and brought back long awaited characters such as Ridley and Inkling. It also had the announcement of bringing back all past characters and this gave the game major appeal with it’s huge lineup and history going for it. All of this allowed it to sell exponentially well and keep popularity to this day.

“Call of Duty Black Ops 4” was announced and released at the perfect time because it had an already large playerbase, massive background and came out at the height of the popularities for battle royales.

“God of War” is a game based on Norse Mythology with great graphic and gameplay. It was a revival of the God of War series and it was well worth the risk of trying again with well over 23 million units sold and sequels that sold would gaine even more popularity.

Some of the most disappointing releases

“Fallout 76” dithed the usual single player story and memorable npc characters to opt to a more multiplayer experience. Fans were disappointed by this announcement and the Fallout series recieves hate for this entry and lost many fans from it.

“Sea of Thieves” became popular over time but the initial release wasn’t as well recieved. Unless sailing, hunting to find treasures or attacking isn’t your thing then this games initial realease didn’t have much to offer. The combat system was also simplistic and had no room for combo’s with the weapons or real variety’s in the weapons.

“Extincion” seemed like a great release at first with fast combat and fluint gameplay. But when it released the game had a very underdeveloped story and lacked quality for the price tag plus being a triple A title. Do to repetitive gameplay and poor story it’s hard for people want to go back to this one.

Book

More information on these things can be shown here in this book “2018 Guiness World Record.