Trying these activities can make your spring season better

Photo Credit: Photo via Victoria Sanchez

Spring is a season of renewal and rejuvenation. The warmer weather and longer days are perfect for getting outside and enjoying the fresh air. If you’re looking for ideas on how to spend a spring day, here are some suggestions to get you started.

Take a Hike

Spring is the perfect time to explore nature. Take a hike and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring. You can choose a local trail or venture further afield. Just remember to wear comfortable shoes, bring plenty of water, and apply sunscreen. Places like Watchung reservation and Merril park are located in central Jersey and are always open to visitors on a warm day. 

Visit a Botanical Garden

Spring is when flowers and trees start to bloom, and a botanical garden is a great place to see the full spectrum of colors. You can stroll through the gardens, take pictures, and learn about different plant species. Many botanical gardens also offer guided tours or educational programs.

Have a Picnic

Pack a basket with your favorite snacks and head to a local park for a picnic. Enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while you relax on a blanket and soak up the scenery. Bring a book, a Frisbee, or a deck of cards to pass the time.

Sora Tura, a Colonia High School student says, “I love going on picnics with my friends and family, and I enjoy those special moments with the people closest to me. Also, I like to eat fruits and sandwiches that are homemade.” Sora’s experience with picnics is similar to most people’s.

Go on a Bike Ride

Take advantage of the nice weather and go for a bike ride. You can explore your local neighborhood or find a nearby trail. Biking is a great way to get exercise and enjoy the outdoors. If you have the time and resources, consider taking a biking day trip to a nearby city or attraction. Spring is a great time to explore new places and try new things. Just be sure to plan ahead and make any necessary reservations.

Visit a Farmer’s Market

Spring is when many farmer’s markets start up again. Visit a local market to stock up on fresh produce, baked goods, and other treats. You’ll not only be supporting local farmers and artisans, but you’ll also get to enjoy the delicious fruits of their labor. Fruits like strawberries and blueberries are readily available and popular during the spring season. 

Do Some Spring Cleaning

Spring is traditionally a time for cleaning and decluttering. Take advantage of the season by tackling some of those projects that have been lingering on your to-do list. You’ll feel accomplished and refreshed once you’re done. Feel free to donate your old clothes to clothing drives or even host a garage sale. 

Attend a Sporting Event

Spring is when many sports leagues start up again, so consider attending a local game or match. Whether it’s baseball, soccer, or lacrosse, there’s nothing quite like the excitement of watching live sports. Grab some good food and get your game face on. 

Volunteer

Spring is a time for giving back. Consider volunteering at a local charity or organization. You’ll not only be helping others, but you’ll also feel good about making a positive difference in your community. Colonia Clean Up offers great community service opportunities and involves things like planting and mulching in local parks. 

Try a New Hobby

Spring is a great time to try something new. Whether it’s painting, knitting, or learning a new language, there’s no better time to start than now. Who knows, you may discover a new passion that you’ll enjoy for years to come. In conclusion, there are plenty of activities to enjoy on a spring day. Whether you prefer outdoor activities or indoor pursuits, there’s something for everyone. So get out there and make the most of the season!