Is the sequel of The Princess Switch too long?

“The Princess Switch” a Netflix original that was released on November 16, 2018. The movie stars Vanessa Hudges, playing Stacy DeNovo, Margaret Delacourt, and Fiona Pembroke who is met in the second movie. The first movie turns into a trilogy. The second part of the sequel “The Princess Switch: Switched Again” was released on November 19, 2020, and the third part “The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star” was released on November 13, 2021.

Summary of The Princess Switch

One week before Christmas a talented bakery owner in Chicago Stacy DeNovo gets an invitation to be on a baking show in Belgravia. This invitation can help her take her career to the next level, with the help of her best friend and co-owner Kevin Richards. During her adventures in the kingdom of Belgravia, Stacy crosses paths with the duchess of Montenaro Lady Margaret Delacourt. While they cross paths, they realize that they look exactly alike. Lady Maragaret is days away from marrying Prince Edward of Belgravia. She feels as if she has not gone to learn about the people of Belgravia and she has not lived a normal life. Making the crazy decision of switching places to live a different life for one day. Their feelings take a turn and fall in love with the other person’s partner. 

Meet the Cast

The Princess Switch stars a Disney icon Vanessa Hudges well known for her role as Gabriella Montez in the “High School Musical” series. She has also appeared in several films such as Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Bad Boys for Life, and more. Hudges has won twelve awards from different award shows like Teen Choice Awards, Bravo, and more. She was nominated for her role in The Princess Switch in 2021 for Kids’ Choice Awards. More actors in the movie are English actor Sam Palladio who plays Edward Wyndham, has appeared in television series Nashville, Runner Runner, and more. Another English actor Nick Sagar who plays Kevin has appeared in Queen of South, lll Manor, and more.

Review of the sequel

I feel that this movie and sequel takes on a good variety of twists and turns. Making the viewers feel different emotions throughout the movies. In the first movie the shock and fun of watching how they first do their switch will always be entertaining. The awe connection between Stacy De Novo and Prince Edward even though Stacy knows she can’t fall for him. Having a great ending of the marriage of Stacy and Prince Edward. In the second movie there was a big turn in finding out that there is another twin. Both the second and third movies involved the three main characters perfectly. They all had a great amount of screen time, not having the feeling of where the other one was. The three characters had many twists coming their way when they didn’t see it coming. The fun of seeing the “evil twin” finding love will always have me laughing. I feel that three movies are enough and if they were to make a fourth, I wouldn’t know where the story line would go.

Vania Surentu, senior stated, “The Princess Switch sequel is a good sequel to watch when you enjoy rom coms and a long storyline.”

Even though I have watched this sequel more than five times. I will always feel the same joy as I did when I watched it the first time. If you are looking for a rom com to put you in a comforting jolly mood this Christmas this sequel is just for you.