• May 31Yearbook party is June 6th during blocks 1 and 2 (have to have purchased a yearbook)
  • May 30June 7- BSU's Juneteenth cookout - $2 per block
  • May 30SAT on June 1
  • May 30Prom is 5/31 - Have fun and stay safe

How many times do you hit the snooze button each day?

Cultural Beauty: Episode 1: hair types and routines

About the Contributors
Aurora Mena Barrios
Aurora Mena Barrios is a 17-year-old junior at Colonia High School. Mena is taking Mrs. Allen's journalism class to write about fashion while improving her writing skills.  She enjoys modeling and talking about fashion. She took a year-long course at a modeling academy which helped her with her fashion knowledge. Mena spends her free time watching "Riverdale" and "Young Sheldon." In the future, she plans on being a labor and delivery nurse because she has always had a passion for the medical field.  Mena loves listening to Rod Waves and went to his concert in November. She hopes to share her life experience and advice with her readers. Mena is a very straightforward person but loves giving others advice. She just hopes people can handle her honesty.
Oreofeoluwa I. Gidado
Oreofeoluwa Isabel Gidado is a sixteen-year-old Colonia High School student. She participates in a variety of sports and hobbies. The sports she plays include basketball, track and volleyball. Gidado is active is the following clubs: Student Council, FCA, and SPTS. Gidado has played varsity basketball for three years. It is her favorite sport because it combines sports with faith, which is very important to her. FCA is her favorite club. Despite being the eldest of three children, Gidado comes from a huge Nigerian family. Since it's easier for people to pronounce, she goes by "Izzy" instead of her first name.  She enjoys volunteering at recreational games, church, food banks, and sports camps in her free time. Gidado's passions include traveling, exploring, taking pictures, experiencing life with her loved ones and giving back to the community. As she gets older, she hopes to visit London, Brazil, Jamaica and many more to add to her list.
Faith Ruth
Faith Ruth, Reporter
Faith Ruth is a seventeen-year-old junior in high school at Colonia High. She currently owns her own business in lash extensions & e-commerce. Her plans for her future are going to cosmetology school for lashing and college to become a radiology technician. She always felt a connection with entrepreneurship and loved learning a new skill to achieve greater and better goals down the road. Her hobbies include making music, self-care, and bible study. Ruth is passionate about her religion as she believes that God is the light and life in our lives, and she continues to grow with him daily. Ruth’s bucket list is to travel enough to fill a wall of travel in her future home, The places she wants to travel to are Japan, Italy, Greece, Africa, and more! She also is a foodie of culture, she loves to try new food with different nationalities attached to it, her favorite type of food is Mexican, and a go-to for her is empanadas and Mexican rice.