“Perfect You” shows us reality

Perfect You shows teenage girls struggle with love and life.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons License
‘Perfect You’ shows teenage girls struggle with love and life.

Perfect You depicts the realistic high school teenager.

The goal of any author is to relate your characters you create to the person who is reading the story. Elizabeth Scott, author of Perfect You, showcases the struggle of teenager Kate in a way that the reader can feel like Kate is a part of them.

The story begins with the reader being introduced to the main character, Kate. Kate is your average strong headed, stubborn girl. Then, the readers meet Kate’s father, Steve, who quit his job to pursue his dream of selling Perfect You vitamins in the mall. He is your average man that has a dream. But, throughout the story he puts his dream before his family. With this problem, he uses the family’s saving to get a spot in the mall to sell theses vitamins. Unfortunately, not a single person buys the vitamins costing the family to lose a great deal of money. With the lose of money, this causes a conflict between Kate’s parents which then causes Kate to have an emotional change throughout the story. The conflict becomes worse when Grandma comes to ‘help’ the

The cover of the story shows that this is your average teen love story
Photo Credit: Photo via http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1754206.Perfect_You

situation.

Things take a turn for the worse when the guy that Kate doesn’t like begins to show interest in her. She doesn’t want to make anything of it. With him being the typical jock (attitude, hot-headed, and selfish), she wants nothing to do with him. He starts to become very nice to Kate and even visits her at work. He knows how to push her buttons and uses it to his advantage. When he tries to ask her out and she says no, he makes a scene in the middle of school to show how much he likes her. Can one thing really change a person?

This story is perfect for the average teenage girl. It is very relatable and makes you keep reading. The story leaves you with a cliffhanger after each chapter ends. With the ending to each chapter, the impact of the story will keep you turning the pages until the end. The only downfall to the book is the way that the story ends. Some may feel that it is good to get right to the point, but not in a story like this one. At the conclusion to one chapter, it concludes with THE END. But when you turn the page there was another chapter. Which was confusing because one could feel that the story already ended. The final chapter consisted of only 3 paragraphs. I didn’t really find much of a purpose to this chapter. It felt like it was a filler and only there to take up space. Although the way that the author went about the ending to the story, overall it was a good story. I would recommend this book to a teenage girl that enjoys a realistic story.