How many times do you hit the snooze button each day?

David Villa goal in Yankee Stadium debut

David Villa, captain for New York City Football Club, scored his first goal for NYCFC at Yankee Stadium on Sunday, March 25th, where the NYCFC defeated the New England Revolution with a final score of 2-0.

Not only did Villa score the opening goal, he set up Patrick Mullins with the game winning goal.

image The brand new soccer club to Major League Soccer (MLS), saw some excitement from their new fans at the game.

Major League Baseball’s New York Yankees and Barclays Premier League’s Manchester City are the owners and operators of this new soccer club.

Coach Kizoulis (Boys’ Varsity Soccer Coach) explained, “[I’m] not a fan of the club because I am a fan of Hudson River rival New York Redbulls. But, I believe that David Villa is a very talented player but the team around him is not to his level of talent.

Coach Carew (Girl’s Varsity Soccer Coach) added, “I understand what the league (MLS) is trying to do is trying to do by adding another New York Club, but I believe that they will become a great club in the future to come. And the Redbulls should change to New Jersey Redbulls as appose to the New York Redbulls because the Redbulls actually play in Harrison, NJ.

David Villa chose the brand new MLS club because he wanted to be known as the player that started the franchise. After being the face of several big soccer clubs in Euorpe, he felt it was time to make his face shine in America.

With NYFC keeping themselves in playoff contention, they’re impressing a lot of MLS and soccer fans themselves for being thid successful as the 1 of 2 brand new MLS teams.

Villa had 108 goals in his 5 seasons with Valencia CF. So with that big number in 5 seasons with Valencia, this has fans wondering or believing if whether he could repeat that or increase that with NYFC. Villa strides to make NYFC the favorite of the 2 Hudson River rival teams (New York Redbulls).

New York Redbull’s captain Bradley Wright-Phillips, recorded a record breaking 32 goals in a whole season with a club. He had 28 in the regular season and 4 in the postseason for the Redbulls.

That makes Villa very eager to increase his level of play and his skill in games. Fans will wonder what will occur with Villa and NYFC as soon as the season comes to a close.