Crazy for Captain Marvel

Being released Spring of 2019, Captain Marvel will be the next in the Marvel Universe.
Photo Credit: Photo via Wiipedia Under the Creative Commons License

Since fans viewed the shocking endings of both Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man and Wasp, the excitement for the next film has been off the charts. Fast forward to September 2018 and the release of the Captain Marvel trailer, fans will have to wait no longer.

While the official film not seeing its release until March of 2019, the trailer will help hold over eager fans. One such eager fan is English teacher Mr. Brian Long, who has been a fan of comic books since he was young. “My uncle was really into comics and every time I would visit him, he would have plenty of comics for me to read.” While he is not 12 or 13 years old anymore, Long is still excited for the upcoming film.

Captain Marvel follows the story of Carol Danvers, a U.S. fighter pilot turned Superhero. Danvers received her powers through a powerful alien device, granting her abilities such as super strength and flight. With her new found abilities, Captain Marvel began protecting Earth from threats in space and beyond. Captain Marvel will be the first stand-alone Marvel movie of a female hero, staring Brie Larson in the title role. The film will also take place during the 1990s and explore an area never before seen in the Marvel Universe.  The setting is just one of the things Mr. Long is excited for, “It looks really interesting so far, although not a lot has been revealed it’s exciting to see a movie that goes back to a time we haven’t seen yet.”

While most of the characters in the film will be brand new, Samuel L. Jackson will reprise his role as Nick Fury. Fury’s story has never been fully explained before in the Marvel Universe. The amount of mystery surrounding the character is sure to keep  many hooked until the film’s release.  Mr. Long himself is looking forward to a whole host of things in the film as well.  “I’m excited for them to bring the character to life…I love how they have recreated the costume.” Long also stated, “I’m really curious to see how they blend the character’s earth side with her cosmic side.”

While the trailer itself doesn’t reveal too much information, there is still plenty to take away from it. The trailer opens Captain Marvel falling through the roof  of a retro Blockbuster Video, setting the time period of the film in a comedic way. Captain Marvel is also seen fighting on top of a train and using her various abilities. However, what stands out more than the action is the fact the Captain Marvel has no memory of her past life on Earth. The questions are in place, and the fans are eager to have them answered.  However, the questions will remain unanswered until March of 2019 with the film’s release. For now eager fans can hold themselves over with the trailer.

If you are one of those eager fans, check out the trailer here.

View Comments (1)