Become a clean smelling man

Colognes+companies+along+wit+perfumes+are+climbing+to+be+number+one.+
Photo Credit: Photo via Kees De Vos under Creative Commons Licence
Colognes companies along wit perfumes are climbing to be number one.

When it comes to picking a fragrance it can be challenging. There is an ocean of options to choose from and various choices depending on what scent suits you.

There are fragrances that have hints of wood, fruits, ocean scents, and soapy scents. Clean scents are a popular go-to for many, but it all comes down to preference and time to find the best match for you.

High-End Parfum

My high-end go-to is going be Ralph Lauren’s Polo Blue Parfum, for the price of $116 for a 4.2 FL.OZ. bottle.  Polo Blue has a fresh wood scent that combines with sparkling mandarin, clary sage, and smoky vetiver.  The result is an enveloping fragrance that adds a new intensity of rich sensuality to the iconic Ralph Lauren’s fragrance collection.

Being a parfum means that it is longer lasting than normal cologne. This is said to linger for five to eight hours. Polo Blue is oil-based which makes the long-lasting effect work. But, do not let the oil base scare you away, this product does not make clothes staining agent.

Middle-End Toilette

The next fragrance I suggest is the Dolce & Gabbana’s Light Blue pour Homme, a toilette. For the price of $94 for a 4.2FL.OZ bottle is a few dollars cheaper and still smells great. It is said to be a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. The top notes are Grapefruit, Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, and Juniper; middle notes are Pepper, Rosemary, and Brazilian Rosewood; base notes are Musk, Incense, and Oakmoss. The scent was launched in 2007 and won the FiFi Award Fragrance of the Year Men’s Luxe in 2008.

Now making light blue a toilette means it does not last as long as a parfum would. A toilette will linger for three to five hours compared to the potential of an eight-hour-long linger. Also making most toilettes not oil-based. But the main difference is that toilettes are made to be more diluted. This cologne is made from Pure Perfume Oil with No Alcohol Or Fillers.

Lower-End Toilette

Now for a less expensive low-end option of scents, Calvin Klein’s Defy can be found for $88 for a 3.4FL.Oz. bottle. Defy is also a toilette. Clavin Klein characterizes this scent as being the best fresh citrus mixed with the best masculine woods notes. The woody aromatic type of scent has notes of bergamot oil, mandarin oil, cedar leaf oil, sage clary oil,  violet leaf, vetiver oil, amber, and musk. Defy is said to last the longest out of the others, with 10-12 hours of  longevity.

Defy’s top notes are Bergamot and Lavender, middle note is Vetiver, base note is Amber.

The top note in a fragrance represents the initial scents that lure you in, leading to make your first impression of the scent. The middle note layer is the foundation of any fragrance and is known to make up about 40-80% of the scent. Finally, the base note comes though after the top notes have completely evaporated. It makes up 10-25% of the final fragrance. The base note is also the notes that deepen the complexity of the fragrance.